Vbac after placental abruption

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lhug_nar
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Waiting on #4
Hello All-

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had a successful VBAC after having a placental abruption? I've been trying to do a little of my own research and haven't really found anything. I had two successful vaginal deliveries with my daughters, but my son's birth ended in a c-section due to a placental abruption. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

December 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope someone responds! I had a PA with my daughter and just found out I am pregnant again and I am considering a VBAC

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
January 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Waiting on #4
As you can see, I've been waiting forever!! At this point, I'm losing hope that someone will respond and that I'll be able to have a vaginal birth. My OB considered it at first, but this baby is transverse, I have BP issues, and I just think it would be safer to do another c-section. I hope you have better luck! Best wishes.

January 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Personally I would talk with a VBAC friendly provider but from the little bit that I've seen through ICAN as long as you're health and baby is healthy subsequent pregnancies after an abruption should be safe. Again though, it really depends on your health and baby's health and the best option would be to thoroughly discuss it with a VBAC friendly provider.
NutMeg76 and mademiev like this.
January 31st, 2013, 12:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not had a placental abruption. Did they say what cuased it? My guess is that the risk is the same, your biggest risk is being pregnant after abruption period, not how you choose to deliver the baby.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 31st, 2013, 12:50 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My 7th pregnancy ended in an emergency csection due to placental abruption. Their best guess as to cause was he had a short cord.

My 8th baby was a successful homebirth vbac of an 11lb 8 oz baby. I also had vbac's with #9 and #10.

Also if I am seeing that right you are 31 weeks and baby is transverse? You have a LOT of time for baby to turn. I had a baby who was transverse until 40 weeks and 1 day, then he went head down.

Sorry I didn't see this to respond to it sooner, I spend most of my time on the Large Families board.
NutMeg76 likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 15th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Veteran
My boss had a VBAC after placental abruption. She said that there were no problems. She had a midwife both times but delivered in hospital. There are 2 years in between her kids and this happened 8 years ago. Her first C section scar is the old fashioned naval and down scar.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search