Have you ever regret VBAC?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Celry
  • 1 Post By alwayssmile
  • 1 Post By NutMeg76

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 07:08 AM
adson's Avatar Veteran
I think that i am gonna try vbac this time so my question is did u ever regret it that u didn t have repeated c section?

January 21st, 2013, 08:30 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the short answer - no.

the long answer, while I did have a moment during my first VBAC when I was pushing, in the end no, I don't regret my VBAC's. I felt like a millon bucks just seconds after delivery, and the pride that comes with is unreal.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Nope!

I won't lie, I did have thoughts when I was pushing with DS3 for those 3 hours where I doubted myself and my decision but it was so worth it! I NEVER regretted my VBAC at all because I felt like I was on top of the world right after and was so happy to have proven I could do it! The best part was being able to get up and shower and do what I wanted to do as soon as the epidural wore off.
January 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not at all. I did a drug free VBAC. I loved the experience. I was able to go home within 24 hours and felt amazing compared to after my csection.
twinkle23 and lhug_nar like this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Not at all! I had a c-section with my singleton and a VBAC with the twins, and it was an amazing experience. I went drug free until they got the forceps out, and then I got a little something to take the edge off. It was a really wonderful experience.

Recovery wise, I was up and around right away after the birth. I was very sore for a while (thanks to the forceps) but even with tearing and stitches, it was so much easier than with a c-section. I felt fully present the whole time...not in a fog like with the csection. With the csection I felt a weird disconnect...I knew that I gave birth, but I didn't SEE it. Actually seeing the baby coming into the world is something that I am so glad I was able to do. If we have another, it will absolutely be another VBAC.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not at all! I even had a 60 hour labor, 2nd degree tear, 3 hours of pushing, and delivered with forceps (did have a natural in the hospital! Would totally do it all again rather than go through another c/s. I was walking around within 2 hours, home after 24 hours, and felt fantastic after 2 weeks. I was even at the beach building sandcastles with my son with my DD was 1 week old. While I won't claim to have loved the labor and delivery process, the recovery made it 100% worth it. Zero regrets.
lhug_nar likes this.

January 31st, 2013, 11:39 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No! I have never regretted my vaginal births. The recovery was so much easier. With my first I had an episotomy and tore pretty badly because of a forceps delivery and even though it took them over an hour to stich me back up that recovery was still easier than recovering from the c-sectiotn.
lhug_nar likes this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 31st, 2013, 01:35 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Never!
#12 is on the way
July 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Nope never not at all.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
August 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never.
August 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Yes, I did have some regrets with my second vbac. With Lyndsey, I hadn't planned on vbac. She just came early and fast so I had no choice and I felt very good about her birth. With Shawn, he was supposed to be a vbac at a hospital an hour away. I ended up having to drive to a closer hospital, deliver with a doctor I didn't know, and my placenta abrupted with him. That was my second placental abruption. The first is what caused my csection. So it was kind of a traumatic birth experience for me, both the fast labor (I really thought we might deliver him on the road) and my abruption.

If for some reason we decided to have baby number 6 (we're not!) I would want a scheduled csection. I've had 4 vaginal births so I have had the opportunity to experience what a natural birth is like but my last birth was just scary and emotional for me. I'd rather feel safer and have a scheduled csection. I'm not having any more kids so it doesn't really matter.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 22nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No!!! I wouldn't have done it any other way. Completely different experience in a positive way!

August 27th, 2013, 05:02 PM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
Never...with the c-section I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days and could hardly move for weeks after. With the vbac he was born at 23h30 and I was back home at 14h00 the next day and only a bit sore from some stiches!!

September 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure what there is to regret??? Am I missing something? Call me confused.

My VBAC was an amazing experience! One I hope to repeat with baby #3. I had a 3rd degree tear with my VBAC and while uncomfortable, it wasn't even close to as bad as the c-section recovery.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
September 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Regret? Not necessarily... but if I had had any suspicion that my second VBAC would be so difficult, I would probably have schedule a c-section. My first VBAC was an awesome, exhilarating experience, but my second was a physical and emotional roller coaster ride.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search