We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hello Ladies! Im Rheanna and have a 14 month old son. My son was diagnosed in utero at 21 weeks with a congenital heart defect. Everything was planned and put in place because he was going to require medication and surgery after he was born. I was induced at 39w5d and it was a failed induction. He had to be born by a certain time because they made room for him in the CardiacICU at Children's Hospital and blah blah blah. I was scared out of my mind and at that point I didnt care about me I just wanted my baby to be ok. I was induced for over 36 hours and had no changes so the OB and I talked about how he needed to be born by such and such time and we both agreed that I was probably headed for a c-section, which I agreed to.
My c-section went great (as great as a c-section can go [I hated it]). I did my list of things before I could be discharged and was discharged 48 hours after he was born so I could go be with my baby. When he was born I didnt get to hold him, nurse him...NOTHING. I just got to lay there while they sewed me up telling him to be strong that mommy would be there as soon as possible.
That being said I missed out on everything with his birth, I want to experience everything child birth has to offer this time. I am currently 14w/2d pregnant and live in California. I am getting very discouraged as to finding a OB I like and one who supports VBACs. The one OB I have been seeing I am not fond of, and the hospital he delivers at has a 30% c-section rate. Im in the process of fighting with my insurance and getting a new OB. I found a office that has 4 OB's in their office that all support VBACs so I am hoping to be able to go to them, but that process will take a month or two.
Welcome! Have you checked the ICAN website to see if you have a local chapter? They can help you find the best VBAC docs in your area and point you in the direction of a hospital with a high VBAC rate.
I'm Tiff, I have 3 boys. DS1 was a preemie, DS2 was my c-section for "failure to progress" when she only "let me" push for an hour (when he didn't come fast enough for her she pushed the c-section with bogus info), DS3 was my VBAC. I am expecting again at the end of June/beginning of July and will be having another VBAC. Please feel free to post and ask questions.