New Here :)

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Long story short is that we have a 2 year old boy who was born via c-section after 25 hours of labor. I was told I had to have a c-section after not dilating enough after several hours, along with a fever and so on. I still wonder if I wouldn't of had to have a c-section if I went naturally and didn't get induced. I was 41 weeks and the doctor thought it was time. Baby was just under 9lbs, so he was huge.

Anyway, after having a horrible reaction to c-section and medication I swore we would never have another kid. Well now that he's 2 we're kind of feeling like the right thing for us would be to have another... I am just so terrified to go through all of that again.

Does anyone have any positive experiences of a v-bac? Everyone tells me that scheduled c-sections are so much easier, better, etc. I just don't know if I believe that. It's a major surgery and my body doesn't react well to medication for the most part. I had the shakes after my last c-section for HOURS and couldn't even hold my newborn for at least 6 hours until after he was born because of it.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
July 12th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome here! I'm a vbac hopeful myself. My daughter was born by c after 43 hours of labor and 3 hours of unproductive pushing. She was trying to come out cheek first and might have been kind of posterior. Her position wasn't discovered until I was opened up. She was 9 pounds, 2 ounces. My OB told me the opening in my pelvis is small. He has also said my chances for a vbac are very low. Not terribly optimistic to say the least lol. Im not going to let his opinions stop me from trying. You should try, too!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

July 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, my first labor sounds a lot like yours? Mine was 36 hours and I stalled at 5cm. I also believe that had I not gone in for an induction, that I might have ended up with a vaginal delivery!

You have to decide what's best for you, I'm not interested in a repeat c because I want to show that my body can do it, I want it to be spontaneous and not planned, and I'm really hoping to go natural this time around. I want the immediate bonding time, there are so many reasons for me!

People can be negative and everyone will assume that you are going to have a repeat c. It's not always easy to find doctors who are super supportive of VBACs. I've had to shop around a little bit!

July 22nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your responses! I hope you both get your VBACs! We've pretty much decided we're going to go ahead and try for our second. I stopped the pill and I'm excited to add to our family, but I am just so frightened to think I might have the same birth experience as before. I'm so jealous when I hear how easy other people's labors were and even c-sections!
July 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Veteran
Here's hoping for a VBAC. Had a long labour and never dialated past 8 cm. Heart rate started dropping and ended up with a c-section. Bad recover, never want to experience that again. Interestingly enough, I was also induced. Now i'm only a few weeks away from delivering again.

I'm VBAC all the way, however, I cannot be induced this time and my body needs to go into labour. considering I was 41W 5 D, last time, I'm a bit worried. I've got 42 days for this baby to come out naturally, or I'm a repeat c section.

The doctor is quite open for me to try a VBAC, but as the due date gets closer, I do have to remind myself that there is a possible for a repeat c-section, no matter how badly I want a VBAC. But I do have a great 3 year old at home to make me forgive the pain and after problems. (can't forget them though!)
July 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had a successful VBAC in May and it was completely different in a positive way from my csection. My first child was 8.13 and i went thru 18 hours of labor before being forced into a c section for failure of baby to descend. I was nervous of my bodys ability to give birth naturally but i did it and in only 4 hours at that! I went the natural route to give myself the best shot at a successful VBAC rather than one intervention snowballing into a c section like it happened with my first child. After having been thru both I can say that id have a vaginal birth any day! I had to fight to get my VBAC and im so glad I did. My recovery was a cinch as compared to my awful csection recovery! You CAN do it!!

Last edited by Memi; July 23rd, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
July 26th, 2013, 12:28 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
I know so many women who I have met that ended up with a c/s because they were induced and nit dialating. If your body isn't ready, it isn't ready & I think that contributes to more failed inductions needing a c/s.
My first was a c/s. The other 5 have all been VBAC's. I've never regretted it not once. There is no compairison in the recovery. All mine have been overdue, and all my boys over 9lbs last one being almost 10lbs, still never regretted my decision to VBAC.
Most important important thing is to find a truly supportive doctor or midwife.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search