Was it hard for you to find a vbac-friendly doc/midwife?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
It was hard for me. I called several practices before I finally found a doc that would work with me. At the time, I hadn't really considered a midwife because my pregnancies have been high risk. I think if I had looked for a midwife it might have been easier, but I'm not sure a midwife would have worked with me. Everything worked out, but my doc didn't even deliver Shawn. If I were to get pregnant again, I've already told dh I want to see a midwife and possibly have a home birth.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Finding an ob to allow me to attempt a vbac with less than 18 months between births has been very hard. I'm going to be going with a midwife, I found one in the area that will accept me, the others require 24 months between births.

November 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Both my OB and Midwife are very encouraging and adamant that they believe a VBAC will be extremely successful for me since I have had a successful vaginal delivery and my c-section was a result of Placenta Previa and not because I couldn't deliver naturally on my own.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
November 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been scouring the internet for months now for someone in my area. Still no luck. The options are limited out here. The names I have found don't exactly have the best reviews. Granted, I haven't met any of these people for myself, yet, but going off reviews on the internet isn't looking promising. A lot of these people don't even have any reviews.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My home town doctor couldnt do a vbac for me (hospital ban) I found a VBAC doctor and a VBAC friendly hospital at 12 weeks =). I've been told by my old doctor and my new doctor that I'm a great candidate because I delivered my first child vaginally and my second was a section due to frank breech presentation.

January 13th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
My midwife told me immediately after my CS that she would support me in a VBAC if we have another. So it shouldn't be a problem.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 17th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Regular
You are really very brave to think about VBAC but its really difficult .Just make sure that it is not going to affect your child get your ultrasound done properly so that you have enough space.
January 17th, 2014, 10:42 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
I see the OB's office midwife and she completely supports me attempting VBAC/thinks I'm a good candidate.

One of the OBs there does not think I am a good candidate because my first born was posterior and I ended up with a csection, but is letting me decide.

I think many places say they are VBAC friendly but push against it when the times gets closer. I hear reasons each appointment why an elective c is better, some as dump as I can recover in a room in L&D instead of ICU if it's an emergency C. Not really a good reason, if you ask me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search