Update on my vbac fight

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By HeatherLyn429
  • 1 Post By sarha81
  • 1 Post By SkyBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
And I'm ok with that. My OB gave me the go ahead to schedule for 10 days after baby's due date so that's what we did. I also pre registered with the hospital. My glucose test came back fine, which was an answer to my prayers.

Of course, my OB did start listing his criteria for allowing me to try. The usual baby under 9 pounds to fit in my "small pelvis", something about a decrease in amniotic fluid as the pregnancy goes "late", and keeping an eye on the placenta, he'd prefer if I go into labor by 39 weeks, all that stuff. I am well aware of ultrasound measurements being as much as 2 pounds off either way when measuring full term babies. I have also read tons of stories of women who go on to have successful vbacs of babies bigger than their csection babies. Very encouraging.

Honestly, I'm just relieved I wasn't bullied into scheduling it even at 40 weeks, much less 39. 10 days late sounds very reasonable to me. I went into spontaneous labor with DD at midnight of around 9-10 days after her due date. Actually, it happened to be the night before I was scheduled to be induced. DH is 100% on board with going late, even though there is a slight increase in risks associated with the pregnancy going late. He is being very supportive of this. Whether or not I stuck with my OB hinged on this appointment. I'm feeling better about sticking with him.

I know to some of you a 10 day window to go into labor might sound unreasonable, but hearing my Ob say I could schedule the csection 10 days late was truly an answer to my prayers today. It certainly felt like a step in the right direction. Now I'm just praying for a smooth rest of the pregnancy and delivery and recovery.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 12th, 2013, 05:28 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sounds great...glad things are slowly falling into place for you!
SkyBaby likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

November 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Glad things are going well right now. I HATE the stipulations docs impose on some women.
Granted my c/s was due to severe pre-e and not size or pelvis issues, but ALL my VBACs except my daughter have been bigger than my c/s baby. The last was almost 10lbs. I go overdue every time also so it can be done
Good luck
SkyBaby likes this.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
November 12th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like this is a big step in the right direction. The stipulations get ridiculous. Why should i be treated different from any other low risk pregnant mom? My chances of having severe complications really aren't much higher than a first time mom. That's what my research has shown me. OBs can be wrong, like any other doctor.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

January 17th, 2014, 10:51 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
This sounds very similar to what I'm going through!
SkyBaby likes this.
January 18th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarha81 View Post
This sounds very similar to what I'm going through!
Here's hoping we both get our vbacs! Birth does matter. How are things going for you? Any signs of imminent labor? I'm having lots of little contractions, my cervix is on the soft side, and he's sitting low for the most part and has dropped. DD never did drop and contractions were few and far between until labor. I'm hoping this stuff is a good sign for me.
sarha81 likes this.

January 20th, 2014, 09:42 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
OOO, sounds like baby is trying to make an appearance! How exciting. I hope you get your vbac. yes, I agree, birth matters. I don't even care if I end up in an emergency C like last time. I just can't schedule an elective surgery when there's nothing wrong with me or baby.

I definitely dropped two weeks ago, and more so this week. My cervix is dilated a fingertip. I have had BH since my end of my first trimester, so I can't really count on that as a sign. I have my 37 wk ultrasound on Thursday and cannot wait to get another 3D pic and hear how big the doctor thinks this baby will be. I think he/she is going to be a chunky monkey
January 21st, 2014, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarha81 View Post
OOO, sounds like baby is trying to make an appearance! How exciting. I hope you get your vbac. yes, I agree, birth matters. I don't even care if I end up in an emergency C like last time. I just can't schedule an elective surgery when there's nothing wrong with me or baby.

I definitely dropped two weeks ago, and more so this week. My cervix is dilated a fingertip. I have had BH since my end of my first trimester, so I can't really count on that as a sign. I have my 37 wk ultrasound on Thursday and cannot wait to get another 3D pic and hear how big the doctor thinks this baby will be. I think he/she is going to be a chunky monkey
I hope he does. I'm a lot more uncomfortable this time around. I'm 38 weeks and hoping it's sooner rather than later lol. I'm starting to try what I can do safely to get him out lol. I'll have a growth ultrasound soon, but I don't take those too seriously because they can be so off.

Sounds like you're making progress, too!! Maybe we'll pop at the same time lol.

What I really hate hearing is all that matters is a healthy baby. The experience doesn't matter. Most people I've talked to are of that mindset. Mom's sanity matters too. DH tried to pull the "How would you feel if something you decided to do ended the worst way possible and our son died?". I immediately pointed out the gaping fallacy in that logic. What if I decided to have a csection and the worst happened? If he died under any circumstance during the delivery, I'd forever be wondering if I could have done anything differently. If it was a csection, I'd wonder if a natural delivery could have saved him and vice versa.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search