New here :)

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By electriclids

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Everyone-
My partner and I have decided to TTC. I am really excited that I am finally ready for another. I have a 4 year old daughter from a previous relationship. I loved being pregnant. I planned my NCB and had such a picture perfect idea in my head. However, Marley was face up and I ended up needing some pain management. I pushed for 2 hours with her with no success. Her head was pressing on my pelvis in a way that was not going to allow her to come. I ended up with an emergency C-Section.
I was not super upset because I felt I gave it my all, however who knows if I hadn't had an epidural.
It did, however interfere with breast feeding tremendously. It also effected my PPD because I was in pain on top of having fairly severe PPD.

I just DONT want another section. I really really really don't. The issue is that I was considered "high risk" because my blood pressure was high. It has been high for a long time and even when I was in picture perfect health, it was slightly high. I hated the whole high risk thing, because I was monitored so much more than normal. I am so worried that it is going to end up the same way. I am worried that I won't even get a chance to try to deliver. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it!
Ideally I'd love to have a home birth, but Im just not sure that I'd be an ideal candidate with my blood pressure, which can be managed with meds. It never went up (higher) during pregnancy or labor.

Does anyone have anything encouraging for me? Any advice? I just don't even know where to start.. I did a little research about my area (Henderson/Las Vegas, NV) and from what I found there are two doctors in the WHOLE valley who are advocates for VBAC (and they are both 40 minutes away).

Thanks!
November 27th, 2013, 07:19 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Welcome!

I am attempting a vbac in Feb (my c section was last Nov). I don't really have much advice to offer, since this will be my first vbac. I had a hard time finding a supportive ob, so I looked into midwives. I'm not sure what the rules are in your state, if midwives can deliver in hospitals or not (I know all states are different) but that might be something to look into. They tend to be very supportive of vbac's and usually a higher success rate. Also, once you are pregnant, maybe look into a doula. I think the extra support is important. That's really the only advice I have right now.

Good luck with ttc! Hope you get your BFP soon!

December 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am attempting a vbac in Feb, as well. My csection was two years ago today. I can't believe my baby girl is two! Anyways, like your little one, she got stuck after 3 hours of unproductive pushing so csection. I didn't have any blood pressure issues though nor was my csection a real medical emergency. It just needed to happen because she wouldn't come out.

I'm sorry I have no useful advice to give other than to echo what Melanie said about looking into midwives to deliver your baby in a hospital if a home birth is something you're uncomfortable with. I'd also contact one or both of the vbac friendly drs for a consultation either now or when you get pregnant. Good luck!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

December 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks to both of you! I actually did some research after I posted and found an OBGYN who is one of TWO (thats right, TWO) doctors in the WHOLE Las Vegas area that are open to VBACS. He is actually quite an advocate and I feel optimistic. I made an appointment. All reviews I've read are rave reviews. It does take a while to be seen and the wait times are long, but he NEVER misses a delivery which makes me feel good, so I'm happy to wait.
I made an appointment for my yearly so I can establish myself with him and just kind of talk over my concerns.
SkyBaby and melaniek85 like this.
December 2nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
That's so great you found a dr who is supportive and were able to get an appointment with him. You'll have to let us know how the appointment goes and what you think of him.

December 2nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great news! I know how hard it is to find vbac friendly drs. I am so glad there's at least one good one near you. I'd go to him if I could lol. Good luck and keep us posted on how things go!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search