Successful vbac!!! I did it!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By melaniek85
  • 1 Post By SkyBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I'm going to work on my birth story and hopefully post it sometime this week but I had a successful vbac. After 30+ hours of back labor Ronin Avery was born Feb 21, 2014 at 7:04 am- 8lbs 11oz 21 inches. I wanted a med free birth but once my water broke my contractions became unbearable so I got the epi, I don't regret this decision. I'm proud I made it over 24 hours with back labor and dilated to a 9 before I got it. So far the recovery is so much better than a c section, I tore and have some sutures but it doesn't compare to the c section incision pain. I am so happy I pushed for this vbac and changed from an ob to a midwife.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

February 26th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Congratulations! I had a C-section and my OB advised me to have CS from then on if I plan to get pregnant again. I wish I could experience vaginal delivery however due to my bicornuate uterus it will not be possible. I'm happy for you though!
March 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM
My doctor told me that I had a narrow pelvis and delivered my baby via c-section. However, a friend of mine was told the same but she had a natural birth after being induced.I'm so mad I didn't get a second opinion.Hopefully, I plan on a VBAC next time. Wish me luck
March 13th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Good luck! With my c section my son wouldn't engage(his heart rate also dropped) and the dr said my pelvis was probably too small and hd couldn't fit. I guess my dr was wrong.

March 15th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy you got your vbac!! I was told I had a narrow pelvis, too and that I would likely need a csection. My baby boy born by vbac weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces. In a lot of birth stories I read online, many csection moms have apparently been told they have a narrow pelvis and still went on to have successful vbacs with babies bigger than their first. I think the narrow pelvis thing is just an excuse and something else place blame on.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

March 17th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Thank you! I'm happy you got yours also! I think you're right. In my reading, while researching for my vbac, I saw that's it actually pretty rare to have a pelvis too small to fit a baby (of course some women do but most don't) but it seems to be given as a common reason for the c sections. My ob told me that I'll probably always have big babies and they won't fit, so I'll always need c sections. My son was 8 lbs 11oz and got just fine. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them and switched to supportive midwives.

March 17th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is wonderful! So happy for you!

March 18th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Regular
Love reading news about successful labor! It just feels great. I'm so glad that you both made it.
March 24th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks!

May 20th, 2014, 03:15 PM
wow that's awesome!
May 24th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
That's awesome congrats on your baby and vbac!! I'm really starting to dislike doctors they push and push for c sections all the time now and it's really not safe like they say it is i had a c section in December with my twins but that's Bc one was breech I will be trying for a vbac nect time I was so devastated I had to have a c section I so wanted to experience a natural birth I'll be going with a midwife next time too! I'm so glad you got to have your vbac!!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you
May 26th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith=2xBlessed View Post
That's awesome congrats on your baby and vbac!! I'm really starting to dislike doctors they push and push for c sections all the time now and it's really not safe like they say it is i had a c section in December with my twins but that's Bc one was breech I will be trying for a vbac nect time I was so devastated I had to have a c section I so wanted to experience a natural birth I'll be going with a midwife next time too! I'm so glad you got to have your vbac!!
Yeah I think OBs are too cut happy myself. While my vbac was successful, I ended up with a second degree episiotomy because "the baby wasn't coming out fast enough". I was losing steam so my pushes weren't as strong as they should have been. The epidural I got just before pushing killed the natural adrenaline rush and dropped my blood pressure. Not only was I no longer pushing as effectively as I needed to, but I was also pushing while literally flat on my back. Not the position I would have preferred. No epidural next time for me thank you.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search