At how many weeks did you start talking to your provider about your VBAC?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melaniek85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Regular
I am 9 weeks, but itching to talk about my VBAC but waiting until the 2nd trimester. What did you do? (I know he is VBAC supportive as I spoke to him while ttc) I look forward to talking to him about specifics .
June 16th, 2014, 08:40 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was asked if I would be trying for a VBAC at my intake appointment so I don't think it's ever too early to bring it up.

June 17th, 2014, 05:58 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
It came up with my ob at my first appt at 8 weeks. Mine didn't really go well, it was not really a discussion but more of the dr just telling me they would not allow me to. I ended up switching to a midwife who was very supportive. I'm really glad i brought it up early because I was able to think about what I really wanted to do, research other providers and make the switch before I was too far along.
d_tops likes this.

June 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I mentioned it to my OB on my post op appointment after my daughter was born. Seriously discussed it on prenatal visits throughout my son's pregnancy. My OB was kind of wishy washy on it, but google didnt turn up any more supportive providers in the area. In the end he ended up being ok with it. I will be finding a different provider for my next pregnancy, though. Preferably a midwife.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

July 1st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
The first visit.
September 18th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Dee
First visit for me, too. I see midwives, though, so I think it was a given that they'd be supportive.

My first appointment with this pregnancy was with the midwife who was on duty the day of my c-section, so it was a great conversation about what happened that day, my feelings about it, and what I was hoping for this time through. Then we talked about the circumstances under which a VBAC would be safe, and what would lead to a repeat c-section.

I think if I felt like I was going to have to talk an OB into trying it... I would consider whether switching OBs was an option.
September 19th, 2014, 01:24 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mentioned it at my PP appointment with my then OB, she said "NO"

so I promptly switched to a midwife and discussed it at my first pregnancy appt with them.

Then with my 3rd, I had moved, so I brought it up again at my first pregnancy appt. I wanted them to know upfront what I wanted, and I was going to get it. Come hell or high water.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search