How long did you labor?

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2015, 08:34 PM
I had a c-section because my son was breech and was getting distressed. This time I want to avoid a cesarean. But just asking what did you do at home to prepare for it and long did you labor? Btw: this is baby #2
February 8th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Dee
This is a really good question. I'd be curious to hear from others how long they labored before their VBAC.

My first was c-section and I didn't labor at all, and I'm hoping for a VBAC, but not sure if it's likely the second one comes more quickly in my situation.

February 17th, 2015, 02:09 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my first VBAC was a typical length first time labor.

I didn't labor for more than an hour before my crash c/s.

so my first true labor (VBAC) was a little over 11 hours from first contraction to baby in my arms.

my second VBAC was induced, but my water broke before the induction. the pitocin was started about 10am. I didn't feel any contractions until 1p. they got hard about 5pm. at 5:38 he was born. so 4.5 hours.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 18th, 2015, 05:49 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
With my c section I was in labor for 11 hours before getting to 100% and 10 cm.

My VBAC was 56 hours from the start of labor. 35 of that was active labor with contractions every 2-4 mins. He was sunny side up, so I had back labor and thats also probably why it took so long. Things I did to prepare for labor: switched from an OB to a midwife, hired a doula, made a birth plan and researched what interventions I would be ok with and what I wanted to avoid (too many interventions is what most likely led to my CS), took EPO and drank RRL tea (MW suggestion), did a lot of bouncing on yoga ball to help him engaged, did many techniques from spinning babies to get him to turn (didn't work), kept active till the day I went into labor (walked a mile daily), read hypnobirthing books and practiced the breathing, mediated. Once labor started, I stayed home as long as could, did a lot of walking, ball bouncing and position changes.

All these things probably weren't necassary but I wanted to do them lol, and it didn't hurt anything since I was successful with the vbac.
June 1st, 2015, 10:45 AM
Memi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my CSection I was in labor for 18 hours. My VBAC I labored for only 4 hours. All the nurses kept calling it a "fast and furious birth".
Expecting #3 in January 2016!

June 2nd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Dee
My c-section with my first child was performed before a single contraction.

My first labor was with my second child, a successful VBAC. I was in labor for 45 hours, the last two hours were pushing. I'd been up for two nights straight so I did get an epidural so I could rest for a while, and labor slowed down a bit with that, but the pitocin sped it right back up.

Although it was my second child, it was my first labor and seemed a lot more like a typical first labor among my friends. I have two other friends who labored and had c-sections with their first, and VBACs with their second, and in each case the second was definitely one of those "fast and furious" types.

September 19th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Regular
I had c-section. Although it is not good but it happened. I was afraid of vaginal birth due to miserable pain. Doctors was not ready for a c-section. They tried their best for vaginal birth till last hour. I was in labor for almost 7 hours. Due to less dilation I couldn't deliver my baby. My baby was very healthy. After 7 hours wait, they decide to go for c-section. I didn't felt any serious pain only very cold. The first week after c-section was a little bit tuff. But now all things are about normal. Sometimes when I took too much burden, I feel back pain. But I prefer vaginal birth. For it, you need to work at home as much as you can. This helps in natural delivery and helps baby to come down.
October 10th, 2017, 04:45 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've already had my baby but I wanted to add my 2 cents in case anyone is interested. I never went into labor with my first daughter, she was breech so I had a scheduled c-section. With my second daughter, I went into labor naturally and delivered after 9 hours. I walked A LOT then got an epidural and that definitely did NOT slow anything down.

Always missing my 6 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14, 7/22/2015, 10/16/15

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search