Hopefully joining you guys!

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my name is sandy and i had a c section june 23rd 06 after the hospital tried to induce me. I was 40 weeks and 1 day ...i have a little boy named dylan and im expecting a baby girl nov 7th. i really hope to have a vaginal birth..its what i always wanted...Any tips on sucessfully have a VBAC is welcome here!...

September 4th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My best advice would be not to have any medical intervention as far as being induced. If you go into labor on your own, you have a better chance at a successful VBAC. Also, make sure that you have a doctor that is going to support you decision.

What were the reasons that you had to have a c-section?
September 4th, 2007, 06:36 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
I agree with the previous poster. My best advice to you is just have as little intervention as possible. Letting labor start and progress naturally is your BEST shot at a successful VBAC. Just believe in yourself and you can do it!!!

September 4th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well i went in at 39 weeks because i couldnt feel my son moving (turned out my placenta was infront i guess) and they decided to induce me then just to be on the safe time..it didnt work so they sent me home..when they did i had the worse back pain ever..nothing worked..laying down hurt,sitting hurt and i was in serious pain..I went back in to see if they could give me something but nothing..then at my 40 week appointment (i was in a clinic with my first pregnancy) and i didnt see the doctor i normally did and he said with everything that happened he decided to try inducing me again!...stupid me agreed!.. i was only i think 3 cm when they broke my water (one doctor disagreed but was outnumbered by the rest) and im not sure what time they came in but they said my blood pressure was high and that i needed an emergency csection..my son was born at 7:55 am

the doctor i have now (i refused to go back to the hospital i had my son) is all for vbac... and she told me herself she hates the hospital i went to because they seem want to go with a csection instead of waiting things out..

oh yeah edited because when they came in to tell me my blood pressure was high i dont even remember having a nurse come in to check it!...maybe i was out of it? i dont no but its one thing i dont think happened

September 4th, 2007, 07:14 PM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
That's wonderful that your doctor is so supportive! You are lucky to have found a supportive one! I can't wait to hear how it all turns out for you!! You can do it!!

September 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi, hopfully ill be haveing a vbac as well

with my first i was due dec 27th and when i went in for an appoinmtment on dec 19th i was 1 cm and 100% efaced and my dr told me i would probly go into labhor sometime that day but if i dident he wanted to induce (i belive he wanted to induce me because he thought i would go on christmass day and dident want to have to work because he kept on saying oo you want to be in and home before christmas dont you) so i dident go into labhor that day and when to the hospial that morning i was 3 cm and they started the induction, an hour later i was at a 5 and i asked for an epi. well i never dilated another bit after that

my dr now dosent seem too hopefull that a vbac will work but says if im determaned to try he will suport me
September 5th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Mommy2S&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2S&S
Sandy -- I'm glad to hear that you have a supportive Doctor (seems like now a days that's half the battle). I hope I can find one too so I've got my fingers crossed.

Good Luck!

September 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
hi, hopfully ill be haveing a vbac as well

with my first i was due dec 27th and when i went in for an appoinmtment on dec 19th i was 1 cm and 100% efaced and my dr told me i would probly go into labhor sometime that day but if i dident he wanted to induce (i belive he wanted to induce me because he thought i would go on christmass day and dident want to have to work because he kept on saying oo you want to be in and home before christmas dont you) so i dident go into labhor that day and when to the hospial that morning i was 3 cm and they started the induction, an hour later i was at a 5 and i asked for an epi. well i never dilated another bit after that

my dr now dosent seem too hopefull that a vbac will work but says if im determaned to try he will suport me[/b]
My doctor was sure that I wouldn't be able to do it because I had gone so far past my due date...but he was soooo WRONG. You can do it...just stay positive and take it one step at a time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search