My name is LeAnn and I am

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is my birth story for my DD born via ER c/s in July 2006:

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=735108

I left out some things because I didn't really want to scare the first time moms to much.

I am planning a VBAC and praying and hoping I get it. I have had tons of great advice from some of the other boards, but I am so glad that there is finally a VBAC board.

Unfortunately, I do have the same OBGYN because he is the only one that will even consider letting a woman VBAC. It is really rediculous that nobody wants you as a patient because of your c/s. Midwifes aren't allowed to care for prior c/s here in FL unless they are lay midwifes, but I can't afford the out of pocket expense. I considered homebirth but I live over a hour away from the closest hospital. My hospital is another 30 mins after that one. I am already going thru great measures to do this. I am using primrose oil, Dr christopher's prenatal formula and drinking red raspberry tea. My doctor won't induce or anything like that because it has only been 14 months since my c/s, so I don't have to worry about him pressuring me again. He doesn't want me going past my due date. He doesn't want a "big baby". I am going to have to fight him for a VBAC, but I have to do what I have to do. Nobody said it was going to be easy. I am looking forward to sharing my sucessful VBAC with you guys in a month or so.

If I have to go into the hospital pushing this baby out, I will. Thanks for listening and I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

LeAnn

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

September 5th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Mommy2S&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2S&S
Good Luck! I hope you get the birth you want. Can't wait to hear your birth story.

September 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
LeAnn, I think I answered a post of yours on one of the other boards. Wasn't your first baby late?

Well, like I said to you before....I would absolutely refuse a c-section before 42 weeks. There is no reason why you should not be able to go to 42 weeks. Due dates are only estimates....remember that. It is totally fine to wait until 42 weeks, and that way you have your best chance of going into labor on your own. If your first baby was late, you will probably be late again and if he won't even let you go a day past your due date...well, he's pretty much sentancing you to a c-section.
Just stick to your guns and tell him that there is no valid reason that you cannot go to 42 weeks. Print out medical evidence on it and take it to him if you have to!! Tell him you will agree to a u/s to see how big the baby is and you will have weekly NSTs but do not let him scare you into thinking your baby is going to be a 20-lb baby if you wait another week or two! These babies KNOW when it's time.
You can do it! Stick to your guns!

September 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
LeAnn, I think I answered a post of yours on one of the other boards. Wasn't your first baby late?

Well, like I said to you before....I would absolutely refuse a c-section before 42 weeks. There is no reason why you should not be able to go to 42 weeks. Due dates are only estimates....remember that. It is totally fine to wait until 42 weeks, and that way you have your best chance of going into labor on your own. If your first baby was late, you will probably be late again and if he won't even let you go a day past your due date...well, he's pretty much sentancing you to a c-section.
Just stick to your guns and tell him that there is no valid reason that you cannot go to 42 weeks. Print out medical evidence on it and take it to him if you have to!! Tell him you will agree to a u/s to see how big the baby is and you will have weekly NSTs but do not let him scare you into thinking your baby is going to be a 20-lb baby if you wait another week or two! These babies KNOW when it's time.
You can do it! Stick to your guns! [/b]

Well said. Do not let him pressure you into induction or c-section. Wait until you reach 42 weeks to talk about any drastic measures or medical interventions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search