Friend had c-section yesterday

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Tofu Bacon
Hi everyone, I'm hoping you could all keep my friend in your thoughts and prayers. She wasn't due for another 6 weeks but had a c-section yesterday to deliver her triplets, due to toxemia. Her babies are doing very well, but she is not . After the surgery she seemed fine, despite needing a blood transfusion. The transfusion didn't "take" (I don't know much about transfusions, so I'm not sure what that means), and then this morning she started having severe abdominal bleeding and is in surgery as we speak. I don't have all of the details, so I'm not sure if it was a uterine rupture or some other complication from surgery.

I'll update when I know more about her condition, but in the meantime please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She and her husband have been TTC for quite a few years and have finally been blessed with 3 healthy preemies; they need their mama to pull through.
December 14th, 2007, 09:57 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
aww no definitely keeping her, the babies and papa in my prayers and thoughts.
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Oh that's awful ! I hope she's doing ok now , it sounds like maybe the blood she got didn't work well with her own blood type ? It's great to hear the babies are doing well , I just hope momma will be ok too . Keep us posted if you hear anything .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

December 14th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Tofu Bacon
Great news: the surgery went well and she is in recovery! I still don't have all the details on what exactly went wrong, but she needed another transfusion is now on the mend.
December 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
That's great ! I hope it keeps up and she doesn't have any more problems ! How scary this must all be for them .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

December 14th, 2007, 07:11 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
great news! i really hope she pulls through. was the bloof transfusion needed because of toxemia or because of loss of blood from the cesarean?
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
So glad to hear that she is recovering well. I hope they figured it all out, so they can get to the business of getting their triplets healthy and home.

My Ovulation Chart

December 15th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she is doing better. 3 babies, omgosh I couldn't imagine. <3

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search