VBAC

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2007, 01:07 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible to have a VBAC after having two c-sections? My last c-section, I could have had her vaginally, but I wanted my mom to be there and i live out of state so I just decided to go with the c-section since it's all planned.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

December 18th, 2007, 02:23 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
o girly, i have so much to share with you!

yes yes yes it is completely possible! what is the reason stated for your first cesarean? just curious.

and here's a whole bunch of links and info about it. im going for my VBA2C in a few weeks!!! i cant wait. if it doesn't show you mypost right away, scroll down until you see post #4 by me
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=761584
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 18th, 2007, 02:31 PM
My c-section was due to my son being too big 8 lbs 6 oz. And I was pushing so long and so hard, his heart rate slowed.
My first child was 7 lbs, 2 oz and I had her vaginally, fine. I did rip a little.
My 3rd child was 6 lbs 12 oz, but I just opted for a c-section since it was all planned and my mom and gramma wanted to be there. But I definately could have had her vaginally.

I would love to have a VBAC with this one, if he/she isn't too big.

December 18th, 2007, 03:56 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
well your body generally will not make a baby bigger than what you can handle. it's such a silly diagnosis to just give a women a cesarean most of the time. so don't let that worry you at all

you just have to make sure to do your research, read as much as you can about VBACs and read all the links in my post i linked you to, and most of all you need to find a supportive doctor. but the research and studies (especially Landon's study that was actually published in the journal of OBGYNs) will hopefully be the ticket to getting your doc on board.

just note that the safest way to have a VBAC is to have no interventions and no drugs. and don't let uterine rupture stories or scare tactics used by doctors, scare you into saying "forget about this!". URs are very rare, but do your research about them, and they can happen even in women who have never had cesareans! so the higher statistic numbers sometimes thrown out by doctors are those of ALL uterine ruptrues and don't apply to VBACs specifically.

(also avoid pitocin, cytotec! and try your best to avoid induction unless it is really necessary)
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 19th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hi, and welcome to the VBAC board! I am also going to be trying a VBA2C next month. So, yes, it is very possible. This board has a lot of information for you to read, so no need to be left in the dark!!

My Ovulation Chart
December 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all the advice and links. I've been reading through them and I will print some out to take to my Dr. appt as well. Thanks again

December 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Good luck with your appt! It is very possible to have VBA2C....and I agree, 8.6 lbs isnt big, there were most likely other causes. How long did you end up pushing with your first? Since you've already had one VBAC I think your DR will be more friendly with the idea
December 19th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I never had a VBAC, my first daughter was born vaginally though. She was 7"2' and I pushed with her for about an hour

My son was my first c-section. I was in labor with him for 22 hours and I pushed for two hours. The doc told me that I could push for 10 hours and no progress would be made. Also his heart rate started slowing, so that's why they took me for a c-section.

My third child was 6"12' and I could have had her naturally but I decided for the c-section just because it was more convienient (sp) at the time.

Now that I'm on my 4th and final baby I would love the whole labor experience again.

Good News, I called the dr. that I'm supposed to go on the 17th and asked them about the VBAC. I explained to them why I had the c-sections to begin with and she said absolutely I could try for one. I'm so happy right now, yeah me

December 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Hi there ! Glad to see you here , that's great that your doctor is supportive of your VBA2C , that is a huge help ! I don't think I could offer anymore then the other ladies have , it sounds like you have a great chance to have a vaginal birth this time . Were you pushing on your back with your children with directed pushing ? If so that is actually the hardest position to push in lol and directed pushing can actually make things harder too , so that could be something to look into and could possibly help you not have such a hard time pushing , find a position that is best for you and the baby , then push as you need to for however long you feel the need to . I can find you some links about those if your interested .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

December 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Tofu Bacon
Welcome! Since you've already given birth vaginally, you have the best odds of being able to VBAC I'm so glad you have a supportive doctor; that's really important!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search