appointment today

Forum: VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To VBAC: Vaginal Birth After a Caesarean LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2007, 06:11 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
it's 5am, i can't sleep now i have no clue why. im going to go work out in an hour and then get ready for my appointment. i figured today would be a good day to work out because if anything happens im already at my docs afterwards!

i get my check today, wish me luck! ahh eeek

update:
so we talked about a bunch of stuff as always...and i got my cervical check. no dilation he said no effacment, but when i said im surprised because of all the cramping and contractions, he said well maybe a little bit but nothing too note. so eh...
we talked about what would happen in the case of another posterior situation, he said the only time that really becomes a concern is when you aren't fully dilated, there's nothing much to do except trying other positions. but if i get fully dilated then we can turn the baby manually once she gets there, or he said we can just deliver posterior, no biggie he has done it plenty of times before
i also got a shock today when the sign in nurse told me "i just wanted to let you know your induction is set for tuesday january 22nd at 4am" i was like uhhh ok...totally confused! lol so i asked the doc about it since i had known we had talked about it but i didn't realize anything was set in stone. i guess they have to just do that for their "scheduling" purposes. anyways, so he said the foley baloon has an amazing turn out 90-something% of the time and we'll do that on the monday(the 21st) before tuesday, it takes about 12 hours to work. and he also referred me to a chiropractor! yay!! some relief hopefully.

talking induction was scary and i really don't want to think about it, but he said he is really confident in that we won't even have to cross that brigde, that he really believes i will be going sooner than that. im thinking i wish and hope but please no false hope here!
we also talked about birth control and we're thinking about the mirena, but im going to research it and think about it more, i have some time...
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 19th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Good luck! I hope all goes well.

My Ovulation Chart

December 19th, 2007, 08:55 AM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
I hope you have a great appointment! Update when you can!

December 19th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Good luck today

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
I cant wait to hear how it goes!!
December 19th, 2007, 02:37 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Sounds like a good appointment over all , and don't worry about the dilation , it'll happen ! But wow that must have been a shock to here your induction date , talk about being caught off guard lol .

I'm too nervous when it comes to birth control myself , all the what ifs with allot of them , we will probably either go back to condoms or a diaphragm after baby is here , no hormones to mess with my body and IF something were to happen there wouldn't be anything to keep a fertilized egg from implanting .

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

December 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
talking induction was scary and i really don't want to think about it, but he said he is really confident in that we won't even have to cross that brigde, that he really believes i will be going sooner than that. im thinking i wish and hope but please no false hope here!
we also talked about birth control and we're thinking about the mirena, but im going to research it and think about it more, i have some time...[/b]

Hey, I was just wondering why it was scary to talk about induction? Does it have something to do with the VBAC?

Also wanted to tell you that I was on Mirenafor three years and it was WONDERFUL! No weight gain, no periods, amazing!!!! I had it taken out November 19th and here I am pregnant. So when and if you're ready for another one, you don't have to wait. Just wanted to share my experience with the best BC out there, LOL.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

December 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Tofu Bacon
Sounds like it went really well . I'm surprised about you not being dilated at all but hey, maybe you'll be one of those mamas who doesn't start dilating until labor actually starts. I know what you mean about feeling strange about scheduling an induction; I felt like I was jinxing myself when the midwife scheduled a bio-physical profile for a week after my due date
December 19th, 2007, 03:16 PM
thanks for your experience. im very scared of the weight gain and the side effects, i just feel weird inserting something into my body, but after this 3rd pregnancy, dh is realizing more and more how tired of condoms he really is

induction just forces your body to do something it isn't ready to do. as far as VBAC, it does run more risks because if you use certain forms of induction methods (which you shouldn't anyways VBAC or not - like the cytotec and pitocin i was telling you about), but forcing your uterus to work harder or forcing it to do something it isn't ready to do can cause more problems byt putting you on a "time limit" which can end up in another cesarean if you don't progress within the time limits.
² married to matt ²
²

3.5 years - still BFing

December 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Eh, I would not stress at all about not being dilated or effaced yet. After all, you still have up to 4-6 weeks to go possibly. And it's not uncommon for women to not dilate at all until labor is about to start, although it would be nice if you did start to dilate some before then. But you've got plenty of time, so I definitely wouldn't let that bother you!

And eeekk...that induction talk is scary. How far along will you be on Jan 22? I'd try to go to at least 41 weeks before you let them do anything. Any kind of induction will put you at a higher risk for another c-section, even if it's just a foley. It's best just to let your body do it's thing and the less interventions you consent to, the better chance you'll have at getting your VBAC.

I know what these last weeks are like and I totally understand how anxious you are to meet your baby and get your VBAC but just keep focusing on the goal at hand it what it's going to take to make it happen. Your body knows what to do, so just keep that in mind and let nature take it's course.

As far as the birth control thing....I am almost 7 months PP and I still haven't decided what BC I want to use. SO I can't help you there.....
My midwife suggested the Mirena for me, but I just don't like the idea of something "up there"...kwim? Scares me. LOL

December 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM
well see im totally not the "let's get baby here right now!" kinda person. i definitely have patience when it comes to waiting for her, but with the whole "failure to progress" thing on my record and my fear-dreams, dilation is just something im worried about...but i know i know, i really do have so much more time for this to all start happening. and i was like 1 cm at the end of pregnancy with ricky but look how far that got me!

anyways, the induction is definitely 41 weeks or after! no way will i let them go earlier. jan 22 is exactly 41 weeks. and i will see how i even feel then, i don't mind saying "no thanks" if i don't feel right then, but the most i really want to wait is 41.5 weeks, so it's just a few days. hopefully we really won't have to worry about this all. but i know it is reality and i have to face it and be prepared instead of trying to make a split decision later on. he had asked me at the last visit if i wanted to get induced as soon as i can or if i would like to wait as along as possible and i said definitely wait! he seemed happy with that...i'd like to think it's because he knows by making that decision i know what im doing with all this.
² married to matt ²
²

3.5 years - still BFing

December 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
That's awesome that your doc is leaving the induction decisions up to you and not being pushy about it. He sounds like a great doc.

December 19th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Other than your disappointment at not being dilated or effaced, I'd say it sounds like a great appointment. I too, would be shocked if I heard the nurse tell me when my induction date was. But, it's good to know what it's for, when it is, and that your doctor is so on board with it all.

My doc is letting me go to 41.5 weeks before we start talking about inductions/c-sections, so I'm right there with you. I worry about going into labor also. Granted, I had scheduled c/s's for both babies, so I never had a single contraction. But I was 39 weeks with Porter, and I was only a fingertip/almost a 1 then. But, I'm sure all will be fine.

It will be interesting to see what the next month brings for our little VBAC board here!!

My Ovulation Chart

December 19th, 2007, 11:31 PM
this month will definitely be exciting!! im really hoping that at least some of can get through this with flying colors. i have faith in us all, i have faith in our bodies and the providers we have chosen, but things don't always go as planned. im just hoping with all the prepping we have done, we will all get some great VBAC stories added to the subforum
² married to matt ²
²

3.5 years - still BFing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search