Oh the Irony

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2008, 06:41 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not sure if this is really the definition of irony, but every Wednesday I just can't help but dwell on it a little bit. Wednesday morning is my surgery day. Typically most of the surgeries are routine spays and neuters on dogs and cats. I stand there in surgery looking at all the testicles and uteruses that I spend all morning removing thinking about how I am desperately trying to get mine to function to cause the exact thing I am typically doing that surgery to prevent. Yesterday I had a kinda slow surgery day, only one small dog spay and four cat neuters. The days when I have several spays are the ones that really make me feel odd. Not that I am saying I don't want to do the surgeries. I love surgery and pet dogs and cats don't need or for the most part even want babies. Just the last few surgery days I have felt odd while doing them. Just thought I would share.

May 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can see where that would feel a little odd.

The Oxford dictionary defines irony: a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberatly contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

So I think disabling the parts of one creature while wishing your equivilant parts would just freakin work right is pretty ironic

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search