New to this Board, but NOT new to TTC!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Regular
Hello everyone! I hope that I can get to know you all and learn tons and gets tons of support as well

I'm 25, DH is 25 as well. Been married for 2 years this coming August and have been TTC since than (aug 06 so 21 months) but nothing, zilch and nada! ive been to the doctor but the only thing he did for me was put me through ONE set of tests to see if I was ovulating....he said, yep you're ovulating and told me to keep trying for another 6 months (this was after a year and a half).....my cycles are wierd, between 28 and 38 so that is wy he did the test, but that's all he did!!! Isn't there some kind of medication that will make you ovulate more regularly?!?!?

Needless to say, I am very frusterated and know that while you all might say "just let god do his thing" and "stessing out will only make you not get pregnant" I do understand this. and while I may sound like I do stress about this all the time, I really don't. I live a very normal healthy life, and while I want to get pregnant, I do know that it will hppen when it is suppose to. But in the mean time, you guys can all help me get through it right?1

Well, any advice or options you have any suggestions on please let me know! I look forwrad to getting to know all of you, you seem so sweet!!

Thanks and luvs!
bree
May 1st, 2008, 03:54 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Brenda (26) DH Michael (27) we have been ttc for 14 months, and nothing at all, we have a very loving group of ladies here that will offer you the support and advice you need.

Don't worry no one here will tell you relax or this will happen when god wants, we hate that So you came to the right place.

Jump in and feel at home, we are more than happy to answer any questions you might have, listen to you if you need to vent, and most we offer support and understanding, we have all had long journeys and we know how frustrating it can be.

Are you seein an RE?

Has you DH gotten an S/A?

May 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome. This is great group of ladies, very supportive. We understand what you are going through. I'm Kristy and DH is Michal, both 32. We've been TTC for exactly a year with at least one m/c. Good luck and I might look for a new doc or a RE. There are more tests they can do. Just knowing you O doesn't help much, I O like clockwork but nothing happens after that.

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!
May 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honey, we are anti-relax here, we all HATE it when people say that! LOL I am on cycle #29 myself.

Have you tried any OTC supplements yet?

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Regular

Thanks so much!! okay, I am starting to learn the lingo here, but forgot what RE and SA means....? I also forgot where the link is to help figure that out
I dont really have a lot of questions except can anyone help me figure out how to know when i ovulate? my doc says that with such long cycles that i probably am not ovulating every month (which is the part that peeved me, because if he suspected that, than why did he not test me multiple months instead of just that one time?!?!?)...I have tried those ovulation kits, but honestly, cant hold my pee long enough! haha sorry, totally personal
So anyone could you help? Has anyone heard of those tests where it's a little microscope, and ou put a little bit of your saliva on it and see if it crystalizes??? a girlfriend recommended that but I have yet to find it!
thanks again everyone! and I LOVE your little signs you all have on the bottom and the pcis, how do I add those to mine?
May 1st, 2008, 05:05 PM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
RE=reproductive endocrinologist
SA= sperm analysis

As far as when you O (ovulate) have you ever charted your temps? You would need a basal boy thermometer and if you go to fertilityfriend.com it gives you tutorials on how to use it.

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!
May 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
mrsapexpredator's Avatar Veteran
I am sure in a few months you will be a pro @ ttc! Theses ladies are great! Good Luck!

Me: 31 DH: 30 TTC since: May 2007 Married: 9/18/2004 S/A - Normal
HSG results: left block tube/but was able to clear (2/6/08)
Started 1st cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 3/29 BFN! Started 2nd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 4/27 BFN!
Started 3rd cycle of Clomid 50 mg - 5/25 BFN! Lapro Aug 11. Lasered 2 adhesions on left tube but everything looks great!!
Started Clomid Sept 12-16 - Had 150 IU of Follistim on Sept 19 - Follies collapsed - Blood work all came back in range NO PCOS ..
Started Femara 2.5 3-7 u/s 10/22 Follistim injections 10/24,25 & 26
Follie Scan 2 were mature, 17.8mm & 16.8mm Doctor gave me trigger 10/26 and IUI 10/27 Tested - Nov 8 13dpiui and BFN
Started Femara & Follistim - we have 1 follie 18mm - trigger 11/21 and IUI 11/22 Testing on 12/6 BFN

On A TTC BREAK Out of the blue (1st unmedicated cycle since 3/08) BFP 2/7/09
May 1st, 2008, 06:30 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on charting your temps. Fertility Friend has a free online course that will help you learn (and of course we can help you answer any questions) You can pick up a BBT thermometer at any place like Target, Walgreens. It runs around $10, give or take.

You know, reading your posts, I think you might benefit from taking Vitex. It's a supplement that is supposed to help regulate your hormones, and can help you ovulate. A lot of women with funky cycles do benefit from it! I believe you should be able to find it at GNC.

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'm Tracie (27) and DH is Jimmy (29). We've been TTC for 7 years in June. But, this my second cycle on Clomid, so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

Anyway, I agree with whoever said that your DH should have a semen analysis done. The problem may really not be you, or not only you, and it's better to know where you stand.

As far as the ovulation prediction kits go (OPK's) you really don't have to hold your pee for those. I never do, and they work fine. Just don't use them first thing in the morning. It's better to wait until afternoon. I also agree that you should start charting.

The microscope you put your saliva on is called a ferning scope. I'm pretty sure that you can order them off of amazon.com.

You'll find a lot of support on here if you can put up with us. We're crazy sometimes, but we mean well.

May 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like the other girls said. I recommend temping. I love it. The fertility friend also goes over how to check some other fertility signs. Temping shows you an increase after ovulation so it tells you when it happens, but doesn't give you warning. The other fertility signs help show when it is coming.

There are also lots of other tests and meds. Getting your DH's SA checked is the easiest first step. There are lots of other blood tests and things that can be done. Some of the most common ones are checking thyroid levels, progesterone levels, for insulin resistance, and then an HSG (where they run dye through the uterus and tubes to make sure they are open.)

May 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your able to find lots of answers here.... I'm Jaime (30 gulp) DH is Jack (34) we have been ttc for 22 months with one loss....

May 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks so much!! okay, I am starting to learn the lingo here, but forgot what RE and SA means....? I also forgot where the link is to help figure that out
I dont really have a lot of questions except can anyone help me figure out how to know when i ovulate? my doc says that with such long cycles that i probably am not ovulating every month (which is the part that peeved me, because if he suspected that, than why did he not test me multiple months instead of just that one time?!?!?)...I have tried those ovulation kits, but honestly, cant hold my pee long enough! haha sorry, totally personal
So anyone could you help? Has anyone heard of those tests where it's a little microscope, and ou put a little bit of your saliva on it and see if it crystalizes??? a girlfriend recommended that but I have yet to find it!
thanks again everyone! and I LOVE your little signs you all have on the bottom and the pcis, how do I add those to mine?[/b]
I use the ovulations prediction sticks, I get them at wal mart they come in a box of 7 for $11.99, with this sticks you might get faint lines before you o to consider it positive the line has to be dark the same as the control line this will indicate you will ovulate in 24-48 hours and this is the time that is best to Baby Dance

May 2nd, 2008, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You could also maybe try another doctor, one who'll take you more seriously. When we hit our TTC for 1 year point, I went to one RE who misdiagnosed me and made me go through so many unnecessary tests, without even getting a SA from my DH. I switched doctors and the new one was SO MUCH BETTER. Since we weren't interested in medical intervention, she told me that in England, people aren't considered "infertile" until they've been trying for 2 years, so if I wanted to just see what happens for another year, she was fine with that. Also, I charted regularly for about 14 months, but once my new RE saw my charts, she said "It's obvious that you're ovulating around the same time every month, so stop charting." So that BBT thing really does come in handy! I never really liked OPKs...it was too hard for me to tell when it was positive!
May 2nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
welcome!! everyone answered your questions.

May 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Welcome!!!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search