My baby got scratched!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I know this is silly but look! My baby Angel got scratched from our landlord's cat with claws. My Angel has no front claws. The Landlord's cat Tornado is really odd cat.. he always HISS at my cats for NO reasons but at times when he's in the mood he'd play.. but then gets aggressive and it gets my cats riled up. My cats always behave and don't hiss at each other.. until we moved here, Tornado has gotten my cats riled up when he hisses.... ARGH!! The landlord has other cat named Meme, she's old and only defends herself when a cat is in her way. she has claws.

Angel and her booboo on nose and below left eye.. you can't see it but in person it's there

Tornado

MeMe

I'm upset about this... last night, dh told me the landlord's step son caught my boy smoke and tornado in a rileup fight and tornado got cut on his face. I don't know what's going on!! I think Tornado is pissed off my 5 cats are on his territory. This has been going on since January. However I do see improvements in Tornado's behaviors.. he's not so aggressive toward all of cats but he has his weird moods.

I hate to see cut on my Angel.. she's sooo small and she's very independent and shows not to mess with her. My guess she got in fight with Meme cuz Angel loves to pick on her. My Poor baby!!!!

I use Feliway comfort zone diffuser... I'm hoping to see best results in few weeks... *sigh*

May 2nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the fighting. The cut doesn't look too bad though. Cats can really be very territorial and typically don't like other cats in their space. I hope they all start to clam down and get used to each other.

May 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I really want them to get along!!! Tornado is fine with humans but he can get jealous of people going to my cats!!

Do you identify Angel as Turkish van? She LOVES water, is very curious and has OCD when she finds something very fascinating and go after it for HOURS lol

Oh and I'm so glad the cut isn't in her eye!!! That's the main thing I'm concerned about... scratch in eyes...
May 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I really want them to get along!!! Tornado is fine with humans but he can get jealous of people going to my cats!!

Do you identify Angel as Turkish van? She LOVES water, is very curious and has OCD when she finds something very fascinating and go after it for HOURS lol

Oh and I'm so glad the cut isn't in her eye!!! That's the main thing I'm concerned about... scratch in eyes... [/b]
Honestly I didn't. After you said that I googled Turkish van and she is classic, but I have never seen one in person before. That is cool about the water cats. I know several cats that like drinking from the sink and one that will get in the shower if given the chance, but not many that really truly love water.

As often as cats scratch it really is amazing how few actually get in the eyes. In the two years I have been in practice I have only seen one that got a corneal scratch in a cat fight(and that one happened to be a dog that was pestering its sibling cat.) Luckily scratches on the skin heal well without much of any treatment. It is the bite wounds that cause the major problems. That is because cat's teeth are so thin that the puncture hole is small and it heals quickly. When that happens the bacteria get trapped under the skin and an abscess forms. Those need to be lanced open and need antibiotics.

Figures right after I ask how they are getting along and you tell me they are doing better with the diffusor you get a scratch.

May 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby! I'm actually surprised my younger ones haven't managed to scratch each other yet because they play rough so much!

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 2nd, 2008, 10:22 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh poor baby, I hate seein my dogs with scratches but sometimes they fight

May 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Poor kid. I remember when my old cat got scratched in a fight it made me feel so sorry for him. He acted like he was embarrased and wouldn't let me see it.

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search