Those with names already picked out

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you find yourself referring to the name in coversation with your DH? I've noticed we have pretty much always referred to the future bean by her name... are we the only weirdos?

It's always I want this for XXXX. Or this would be perfect for XXXX. Or do you think we should go ahead and buy this for XXXX?

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Veteran
We do that. We also refer to our future childrenn as "the twins". OY.
TTC#1 w/ PCOS, Stage I endo and Slow Swimmers, Low Count (MFI)
IUI Cycle #1 - August 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9.
IUI Cycle #2 - September 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9.
IUI Cycle #3 - October 2008. 100mg Clomid cd4-8.
IUI Cycle #4 - December 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9; 75IU Bravelle
IUI Cycle #5 - January 2009. 5mg Femara; 75IU Bravelle. BFP! Early m/c at 4wk 2d.

<div align="center">

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f3ea0" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</div>
May 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we refer to our future children as the twins

May 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
no we never did that

Nothing wrong with what you are doing.
May 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't do that, but the only reason we don't is because we have about 3 names picked out for each gender. If we were actually to completely narrow it down, yes we would refer to him/her as XXXXX.

We do refer to the baby by gender though. We started always referring to the baby as 'him,' since I was adamant that we'd have a boy. But, for some reason, we both started, out of nowhere, referring to the baby as 'her.' I think we're crazy.

May 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Not only do DH and I refer to them by their names, but my family does as well. Today my best friend and I were shopping I found some cute shoes that are so my husband. She said those would be so cute for Londyn, then I saw this bib that she told me ot buy for Ryan.

made by BAM

May 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Yay! We're not the only weirdos!

oh no no no I would never refer to XXXX as the twins, because that's just asking for it! LOL (that is the whole reason I am trying to avoid clomid like the plague, we have so many twins in our family already)

(still no boys name that we can agree on, either)

</div>
May 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Quote:
oh no no no I would never refer to XXXX as the twins, because that's just asking for it! LOL (that is the whole reason I am trying to avoid clomid like the plague, we have so many twins in our family already)[/b]
We only have one set of twins in our family. Well, there is a set of identical twins, but as I understand it, that is just a natural screw-up kind of thing and not genetic in anyway.

The set of twins that we do have are in DH's family so we should be safe since twins are strictly up to the mother and are not passed down through males (as I've read).

DH would squeal with delight if we had twins. I would squeal with delight after they were born and were perfectly healthy. Before then, I'd just probably hyperventilate a lot.

May 4th, 2008, 11:26 PM
DH says if we have twins there'd better be one of each - he hyperventilates at the thought of the cost of two girls

</div>
May 5th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dream of having twins I would love 2 girls, my grandma had 2 sets of twins twin boys and then twin girls in a row, and my cousin has a set boy/girl, I really wish this could happen for us, if I don't get my BFP this cylce I'm happily getting the clomid , DH wants this as much as I do

May 5th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Deirdre's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had names picked out for years and yeah i refer to them by name.

May 5th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm so indecisive about names that I don't know that I could actually name our children. I have a hard enough time naming the fur-kids, I can't imagine what it will be like with the kids.

We have like 3 names picked out for each gender, but I know when the time comes I will fret over the name for the entire 9 months.

Those of you that have picked out names: Do you pick out specific combos, or do you just pick out first and middle names and switch them around?

We have lists of specific names, complete with first and middle.

hurry_up_BFP, I was thinking that you were one that didn't like to share your names, but, is the name you've picked out after someone, or just a name you all liked?

A couple of the middle names we have picked out (girls and boys) are after people. My mother's middle name is the middle name of one of the names for a girl, and DH's grandparents last name is one of the middle names for a boy.

May 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM
krysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been referring to them by name since even before we really started TTC. At least the girl's name, we only settled on a boys name more recently.

Thank you *kiliki* for my siggie!!
May 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Those of you that have picked out names: Do you pick out specific combos, or do you just pick out first and middle names and switch them around?

We have lists of specific names, complete with first and middle.

hurry_up_BFP, I was thinking that you were one that didn't like to share your names, but, is the name you've picked out after someone, or just a name you all liked?

A couple of the middle names we have picked out (girls and boys) are after people. My mother's middle name is the middle name of one of the names for a girl, and DH's grandparents last name is one of the middle names for a boy.[/b]
We had a specific combo immediately. It was like BOOM - that's her name. (we say between us that she's telling us her name from another life with her, there's never been any question if we have a girl, that's her name. It took us about a year to come up with a back up name in case we have twins or two girls... and it will probably be ten years later for a boys name LOL)

Yeah, the middle name is after my great grandmother.

</div>
May 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I've had our girl's name picked out since I was 12 or 13. The boy's name we knew we it would be DH's middle name but couldn't decide past that. I really like Landon but there are so many out there now. I found the name we picked out and knew it was it. DH would say he hated it because he knew it would bother me, but when I got my BFP he admited he loved it.

I keep having this feeling we are going to have twins. I always have. I keep having vivid dreams about twins.

made by BAM

May 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't really have names picked out. DH mentioned a boy's name he likes a few months ago, but it is only one name, not a set. I don't know if we would use they name when talking about the baby. We can be kinda superstitious sometimes.

May 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Veteran
We'd love to have twins. We'd be done TTC after that too though... which would actually be okay with us.
TTC#1 w/ PCOS, Stage I endo and Slow Swimmers, Low Count (MFI)
IUI Cycle #1 - August 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9.
IUI Cycle #2 - September 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9.
IUI Cycle #3 - October 2008. 100mg Clomid cd4-8.
IUI Cycle #4 - December 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9; 75IU Bravelle
IUI Cycle #5 - January 2009. 5mg Femara; 75IU Bravelle. BFP! Early m/c at 4wk 2d.

<div align="center">

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f3ea0" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search