Newbie.....

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi all!! I am almost 21 my amazing husband is 23 and I have a gorgeous almost 3 year old little girl from a previous relationship. My husband and I have been together since I was a couple months pregnant with my little girl. (her dad bolted as soon as he found out). we got married the week after she was born! We have been trying since my little girl was about 6 months old, because we both want lots of kids and we dont want them spaced out too far in age. I had no problems conceiving my first, but for some reason we have gotten pregnant twice and they both ended in miscarriages. I miscarried twins at 6 weeks and a singleton at 8 weeks. My dr recently decided that he wants me to start clomid this cycle. He isnt going to monitor me, (which I thought was a little odd, from everything I have read) He said to just come in if I have any bad pains, or when I get my BFP. He wants me to take 100mg days 2-6, he wants me to produce more than one egg because my husbands sperm count/mobility isnt very good so he wants there to be more targets for the "boys" to aim for! Anyway, I guess all of my questions revolve around clomid...has anyone ever started at 100mg days 2-6? What were your symptoms? I thought that 100mg sounded like a lot to start with, so I was just going to do 50mg. We only have a short time left to conceive as my husband has just signed a contract with Blackwater and is going to be going over to Iraq in a couple months, which is why (I think) my dr prescribed me 100mg. And has anyone ever been put on clomid and not been monitored?? This worries me slightly.... Any input would be great! Baby dust to all!!!
May 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Brenda (26) DH Michael (27) we have been ttc our first for 14 months, I'm sorry I don't have any experience with clomid, I'm barely going to start it next cycle, they are alot of ladies here that are using it or have used it, I'm sure they will be of great help.

In the mean time i just want to welcome you to our group the girls here are wonderful, jump right in and post away.

May 4th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I am starting clomid next cycle. I am not being monitored, i will call with either a bfp or my period for a new prescription. That is the plan. I think some doctor dont find it necessary since it seems fairly widely used now. we are starting at 50, if that doesnt make me ovulate then we will do 100 next month and then 150 the month after that.
May 4th, 2008, 08:11 PM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

This was my second cycle on Clomid 50mg days 3-7. I am not being monitored either. Some doctors monitor, some don't. A lot of people will tell you that you have to be monitored, but none of the doctors around here do it, and it doesn't seem to be a problem, so I don't know.

I've read about/known a lot of people that started with the 100mg. I'm not really sure if it's common practice or not though.

I know you asked about side-effects on the 100mg, but I'll tell you mine anyway:

The first month I took it I got extremely emotional for a few days. I bawled over everything which isn't like me. A few headaches, a few hot flashes, nothing big. My nipples stayed hard off and on about the time AF was to show, and breasts got tender for several days. When my period came after taking it the first month it was extremely painful. I had very, very painful abdominal cramping, and pressure in my pelvis and lower back. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again this month.

May 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
First of all, Welcome to the group! I was on clomid for a few cycles but had to discontinue because I developed painful cysts. I was not monitored while on clomid either but when I was having pain I went in and got checked and discovered it was the cycts. It is a side effect of the clomid. I started on 50mg but he said it didn't work so he put me on 100mg. I guess it really just depends on the person. As far as side effects, I had headaches, hot flashes, sore nipples and my feet and hands swelled.

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 4th, 2008, 10:14 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 5th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on my second cycle of 50mg clomid. My doctor also said days 2-6, not the 3-7 most people on here seem to say. The only monitoring is she is having me get progesterone levels checked on CD 22-24 to make sure I actually O, not ultrasounds or anything like that. The only side effect I had with the clomid was the first day of my last period was VERY crampy for me and the second day was unusually heavy flow for me. I didn't have any of the tiredness, or pain, or any of the other stuff. And both cycles I have ovulated earlier than my normal. Last cycle on CD 16 and it looks like this one (with one more high temp tomorrow) will be CD14 (a normal person's ovulation day for the first time in my life.) Normally I O at CD25-33.

Good Luck and KUP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search