How Far Are You Willing to Go?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How Far Are You Willing to Go?
Yes 0 0%
No 15 62.50%
Maybe 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
What's your opinion?

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have discussed going all the way to IVF but with our egss/sperm, for us having a donor would not feel the same

May 4th, 2008, 11:36 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I think in that case we'd rather adopt.

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 4th, 2008, 11:54 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
If it was just eggs, or just sperm we would consider it, but if neither of us would be the biological parent anyway, we would probably just adopt. Nothing is set in stone though. I really want to be pregnant at least one more time.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 5th, 2008, 12:17 AM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I picked 'no' but not because I'm against donor sperm/eggs. But DH and I would much rather adopt than go that far. We just want a baby, biologically connected to us or not, and I would rather adopt a child that needs a home than to waste the money on donors.

May 5th, 2008, 04:08 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
DF and I want to have our own biological children AND to adopt children. Even if we can have biological children, than we want to have a couple, plus adopt a couple children. But, how far will we go - Right now, we have decided that if our only option is donor sperm/eggs, than we will just stick to adoption.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

May 5th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It isn't that I just want to be pregnant. Though I do, but if I am going to give birth I want it to be to my and my DH's child. I don't want to have my and some other man's child or his and some other woman's. We will try IUI and possible IVF if we can afford it, but if nothing after that we will look into adoption.

May 5th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We want both bio and adopted kids. We have decided that the farthest we'd go is IUD if that didn't work then we'd just adopt.

made by BAM

May 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose Maybe. My DH has said many times that we will jsut adopt, His sperm is perfect so if anything if my eggs are all screwed up ive thought of using doner eggs, I dont know, i guess in my mind i feel like if im still physically pregnant, i dont know i guess it sounds stupid, but i would feel like its a lil more like my baby. I dont know my mind thinks of stupid things. But im not sure yet how far im willing to go

May 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I chose no because the furthest DH and I have discussed is IVF and if that doesn't work then I guess we'll just probably adopt.

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I picked 'no' but not because I'm against donor sperm/eggs. But DH and I would much rather adopt than go that far. We just want a baby, biologically connected to us or not, and I would rather adopt a child that needs a home than to waste the money on donors.[/b]
Yeah, that's exactly it. Why waste the $$$ when it's not even a sure thing when there's so many little ones out there that need a home?

I HATE to use this as analogy (because I know it's offensive to some), but it's almost like buying from a pet shop when there's tons of rescues that need a home. I can't do it.

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 5th, 2008, 10:55 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
That'd be hard if I got someone else's sperm not my dh. I vote no. i'd adopt if I cannot have kids.

That'd be hard if I got someone else's sperm not my dh. I vote no. i'd adopt if I cannot have kids.
June 15th, 2008, 11:28 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I picked 'no' but not because I'm against donor sperm/eggs. But DH and I would much rather adopt than go that far. We just want a baby, biologically connected to us or not, and I would rather adopt a child that needs a home than to waste the money on donors.[/b]
Yeah, that's exactly it. Why waste the $$$ when it's not even a sure thing when there's so many little ones out there that need a home?

I HATE to use this as analogy (because I know it's offensive to some), but it's almost like buying from a pet shop when there's tons of rescues that need a home. I can't do it.
[/b]

Dredging up an older post...

The thing is, with donor sperm, it might only cost a few hundred dollars (depending on if you do home insems or IUI and on how long it takes). To adopt will cost thousands.

That said, I'm not sure if we would ever use donor sperm/eggs. We might adopt instead. Especially if it were donor eggs, because at that point you are doing IVF for sure and that's very expensive.

June 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I said maybe---before I had DS, I would have said no. But since I've had him, I know how much he was worth the wait, and I'd give anything to have a 2nd baby-----adoption is expensive and heart-wrenching---I would use donor eggs/sperm before I used a surrogate----at least once that embryo is in my uterus, I know its mine, I couldn't handle losing an adoption or a surrogate baby.
June 17th, 2008, 07:14 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Shannon you have a point. But still knowing the baby isn't mine and I carried it to term..feels weird. But hey if it came to that point...who knows..
June 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't want our child to biologically related to only one of us, so if it came down to that I would eitherdo traditional adoption or adopt a frozen embryo.
June 17th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Shannon you have a point. But still knowing the baby isn't mine and I carried it to term..feels weird. But hey if it came to that point...who knows..[/b]
I agree, it would feel weird. And I'd worry about how Dh would feel too. I just hope it doesn't come to have to make that decision.

I also worry though, about the adjustment for an adopted child and how they are going to deal with feelings like "my bio parents didn't want me". I know most still grow up to be happy and healthy but it is a concern.

Selfishly (or not?) I also want to get to experience pregnancy and have a tiny baby. (If we adopted it would most likely be international and the baby would be older.)

June 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I think it's great that that option is available as a choice, but for me, if it came to that, I would choose adoption.

Betty
June 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I don't even want to do IVF, so it came down to it we'd straight out adopt! There's plenty of children out there that need families. My friend was in the same boat I am in 4 years ago. Instead of going the fertility clinic rout they just straight out adopted. Yeah their adoptions have been rollarcoster rides, BUT once that child's in your arms it's so worth it! In fact in a few days I'm traveling with her to Guatemala to pick up her second son. This will be the third finished adoption for her from there. She's already got a 5 year old boy and almost 2 year old little girl home. Those kids are a god send for my friend and her husband. Me and DH love them to death as well.

made by BAM

June 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Quote:
I don't even want to do IVF, so it came down to it we'd straight out adopt! There's plenty of children out there that need families. My friend was in the same boat I am in 4 years ago. Instead of going the fertility clinic rout they just straight out adopted. Yeah their adoptions have been rollarcoster rides, BUT once that child's in your arms it's so worth it! In fact in a few days I'm traveling with her to Guatemala to pick up her second son. This will be the third finished adoption for her from there. She's already got a 5 year old boy and almost 2 year old little girl home. Those kids are a god send for my friend and her husband. Me and DH love them to death as well.[/b]

Wow really? For some reason I thought I had read that Guatemala had shut down their adoptions recently. But maybe that was temporary or only for those who hadn't started the process?

Just curious, Guatemala is one of the countries I have thought about if we ever do decide to adopt.

How cool that you are going with her!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search