Going stir-crazy

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Veteran
So tomorrow is Chris' appointment for the trucking company. He says as long as we can find even one company that will let me go with him then he is going to do it. And the company that will train him makes sure he gets at least 3 companies promising to hire him before they will even train him. With sooo many trucking companies around here it seems semi-likely that we will find one. I am a huge bundle of nerves lol. It will be so great if he gets into trucking, we would be able to travel, we wouldn't have to worry about money, we could get things legally sorted with DD! I know I shouldn't have my hopes too high but I think I will be pretty disappointed tomorrow if nothing comes of this. DH loves driving so I know he'll love doing this, which would just take so much stress off of him it would really be good for us all around. The only downside I am thinking of is getting into court and such about DD if he is going to be OTR for a bit. I'm not sure how a lawyer would deal with that aspect. I have been out of MI 5 times in my entire life lol. 3 times were just barely into Ohio or Canada, the other 2 to visit relatives. Even from the window of a truck I would love to just be able to see more! And it will be a thousand times better having DH there hehe. I'm so nervous!!
May 13th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck to him (and you) with the potential job and getting custody.

May 14th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck

May 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Good luck!! Let us know how it goes. (or went depending on the time)
May 14th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ooh good luck!!!
May 14th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Veteran
Hey Ladies! Well today was mostly an orientation where we just find out about the companies and the training and all that. We got a partial list of the trucking places that hire people from this training company. As I said Chris' only real concern was wether or not I could go with him, soo as soon as we got home I set about calling people (which turned out to be only one company who answered cuz it was past 5pm lol) and the first company I called said I would be allowed to go as long as he paid a $20 fee for insurance purposes. So one out of one so far! Hehe. As long as a few more say the same (I am pretty positive considering there are 60+ companies that go to this training place for drivers) then he will be a trucker by the end of the summer! The only thing keeping us is because of the training schedule he would not be able to keep his job so we would have to have the money saved to pay our bills for about a month with nothing coming in. Which is perfect because we are moving into his dad's on the 1st and his dad said that he would wait on rent until he gets into a company, so we will only have to cover like $600 in bills for month. Obviously this will make TTC harder being in the road and all, but it is such a great opportunity for us to be able to pay our debts and have the money for DD, it is just something we can't pass up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search