What happens when someone gets a BFP

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: After BFP should she leave?
Yes, get outta here with your double lines and don't come back! (with sticky dust of course) 2 12.50%
Stay, but don't discuss your pregnancy 7 43.75%
Stay, and let us know how it is going. 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Well, forgive me as I am still sort of new to JM. But this forum is where I have made my home, it is the first and last one I check and where I do the majority of my posting. And even though I feel funny sometimes since I do have my Alex, I feel you girls are the closest to understanding what I have struggled with. Now that I am doing my clomid cycle, and getting very excited. I was wondering what if it works. Am I then supposed to leave, after getting to know everybody. What is expected when someone gets a BFP? I figure if I ask now when no one has one currently people will hopefully be more honest about thier true feelings.
May 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Once ladies get their BFP's I hope they stick around, but try to keep all posts about their pregnancy in the subforum we had made for our grads.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 14th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I also like reading the post b/c it some how gives me hope that i will be preggo too one day

May 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally Im happy for people to stay keep us informed but not to do majority of pregnancy topics on this forum. I think the general idea is that people move over to the DDC (due date club) forums in which they are due. Even though i havent been posting as much as I used to I will be reluctant to move on!!(if I ever get a BFP) On the TTC#1 forum a while back there was a BFP boom and it was kindly asked that the girls move on as many had not long started TTC and wre lucky enough to get pregnant straight away, it was really difficult for those that had been trying for so long to see pregnancy tickers and icons in peoples signatures.as they were all still posting on the forum. I guess every board is different and if majority want people to hang about thats fine but if people feel uncomfortable for graduatess to hang around I guess I cant blame them.
I hope that one of us gets a BFP soon though!!!!
May 14th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I personally wouldn't mind if someone with a BFP stayed, though didn't harp to much on the pregnancy. I feel that they still know how it feels to try for so long. But I also know I am not the norm, I have TTC for a long time, don't get discouraged to much, never get tired of bding, and love to look at birth stories and belly photos. Kind of keeps me looking at the prize. Although i was a bit discouraged at a friend of mine having an unexpected pregnancy. I wonder sometimes if my outlook isn't as bleak because I have Alex. But anyhow I thank you for your opinions keep em coming.
May 14th, 2008, 05:11 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I voted, stay but don't discuss about the pregnancy on the main board. Grad subforum is for grads to post about their pregnancies. And show support on the main board and offer advices if asked and just hang out. KWIM?
May 14th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I voted, stay but don't discuss about the pregnancy on the main board. Grad subforum is for grads to post about their pregnancies. And show support on the main board and offer advices if asked and just hang out. KWIM? [/b]
That is how I feel too. Another comment about the newbie BFP explosion in TTC#1. One girl (Mary) does still post constantly but she clicks the little box that prevents her siggie from showing up, so he pregnancy ticker and what ever blinkies she has isn't thrown into everyone's face each post. I have thought that was very understanding and nice of her to do since she didn't want to leave the forum, but didn't want to hurt anyone either.

May 14th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I voted, stay but don't discuss about the pregnancy on the main board. Grad subforum is for grads to post about their pregnancies. And show support on the main board and offer advices if asked and just hang out. KWIM? [/b]
That is how I feel too. Another comment about the newbie BFP explosion in TTC#1. One girl (Mary) does still post constantly but she clicks the little box that prevents her siggie from showing up, so he pregnancy ticker and what ever blinkies she has isn't thrown into everyone's face each post. I have thought that was very understanding and nice of her to do since she didn't want to leave the forum, but didn't want to hurt anyone either.
[/b]
to both of you ladies

May 14th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Most likely I'll get to involved with the DDC, but I don't think that will ever happen again. For the whole week I was in the December DDC my post count jumped. All of you will probably get your BFP and I'll still be sitting here. I really hate the military!!! They say "family first"... MY BUTT! If family is first why am I here going through infertility alone while he's sitting in the sandbox....

made by BAM

May 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Veteran
I did the "stay but don't discuss" but i'm more of a "discuss but not a whoole lot" hehe. Getting to know you all makes me want you to always stay! Hehe. I do love hearing that everything is going well. Some days it is hard, but like Jessy said it also helps me to be a little more hopeful about it, we can get out of this board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search