Even though we arent pregnant yet...

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The NHS (national health service) ere in the UK. My DF had mentioned about health care service in the US but we didnt really know much about it. I sort of get the gist of things by reading your posts.
I think I sometimes take for granted how lucky we are in the UK to get a free health service. Dont get me wrong its not all roses and butterflies, theres still things that go wrong and ridiculous waiting lists but we dont have to have insurance for it. It must be really frustrating for a lot of you. Ive had lots of bloodwork done for hormones and Ive needed an MRI, there hasnt been any hassle about getting it done and I am greatful for that. Although the fact that its free you do get people that completly abuse the system as with all things. Quick question, from reading everyones posts I understand you need insurance for most health care but why do some insurances cover some things and some dont? does that depend on the job the insurance is for? and do you know what your insurance covers wen you get it?
May 16th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm barely getting signed up for my new insurance tomorrow and to be honest I'm kind of confused about it, but I do believe here in Texas most of the fertility treatments are covered

May 16th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The things that insurance covers varies because employers can choose what plans are offered to thtier employees...... the more things that are covered the higher the employer cost.... also things like IUI and IVF are considered elective here, meaning it's not a life or health saving measure. some states here have laws that mandate coverage, for example, I live in New Jersey, the state law here requires that employers with more than 150 employees cover reproductive medicine including IVF.

When you get insurance from your job they will tend to give you a very thick book that lists all that they cover (or how much of it they will) as well as what dr.s you can go to with them (these Dr.s take a discounted rate to accept that particular insurance).

it gets pretty confusing at times.... but once you figure it out with your individual plan it gets a bit easier

May 16th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
It really varies. DH is in the Army National Guard, it's being in the military yet not. He works for a regular job during the week but one weekend a month and two weeks a year he's got Army drills. He's now deployed so is considered active duty Army, so we qualify for military insurance.

With his civilian insurance they covered jack. They would fight us on EVERYTHING! I'm still fighting them to pay for stuff that happened last July/August. They wouldn't even pay for me to see an OB when my Dr wanted me to get an U/S because of ovulation pains I was having. So last year with all the struggling to get our BFP I couldn't do anything about it.

DH deployed in January so we are now on the military insurance. I didn't think they'd cover seeing an RE. I was talking to a friend who is active Army and she said they will pay for it if it's coded the right way. So I saw my primary and he did the referral. The Dr I will be seeing is covered by my insurance under "OB" but they are showing him listed at the address the fertility clinic is at. It was pretty easy to get into him. I was restricted to Fridays in May or anytime after June 1, but I think the person making the apt was confused and just did it for Fridays, which is ok with me. I'm just glad to get in there and see what the heck is going on.

made by BAM

May 16th, 2008, 01:44 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We sadly weren't given ANYTHING before signing up for insurance other than they pay this, you pay this. I had to beg just to find out what hospitals were covered, and I didn't even get that before the paperwork was due! (and sadly, my DH is in NURSING! Hello?!)

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>
May 19th, 2008, 07:25 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
We also just got a list of We pay this percentage of approved visits, you pay this percentage. After spending DAYS on the phone with the insurance company I found out that they cover NOTHING when it comes to fertility. Some of the testing can be written up in a way so that it is covered as medically needed women's health type stuff, but they won't cover any fertility treatments. It really sucks!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Right now, our insurance is okay, but they don't cover a lot of things that we really wish they would. We are in the process of getting different insurance though, but I am always finding myself confused on what they cover and what they don't!
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

May 20th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
how silly that infertility isnt covered with a lot of it. especially since its quite a common thing!
May 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
my insurance (medicare) and DH's insurance (united healthcare) don't cover fertility treatments or anything related to fertility. It's stupid if you ask me!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search