Update on DH, etc.

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2008, 08:48 AM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, DH started a new job today and we should have insurance in about 90 days, which will be different, and great. I don't know yet what they will cover, fertility wise, but I'll find that out soon enough.

DH had some bloodwork done, and his hormone levels tested (nothing to do with fertility) and we'll be getting those results back tomorrow or so. His last bloodwork showed that he had a thyroid problem, so he had to be tested for it again. His A1C was great, which is a huge relief, since diabetes runs through both sides of his family pretty heavily.

The doctor referred him to the urologist because his round cell count was so high, and his volume was a little low, but he doesn't have an appointment yet. We had to get his full work schedule before we could make an appointment. I've got that now, so I am going to call the doctor and see if I can set up an appointment for him.

His new job is 12 hour shifts, two days on, two days off, and in there every 4-6 weeks he'll get three days off in a row. That will be great since he'll have weekdays off every week to go to the various doctor's appointments that we'll have. He'll be off for my June 10th appointment too. He'll also be working a lot less than he's used to. He's used to working 14 hour days 5 or 6 days a week with his last job. Plus, we literally live no more than 2 minutes from his work.

I'm not sure what we're going to do about the baby thing, because I'm not really sure what we can do since there isn't an RE anywhere near here. For right now, we are just having sex when we want to, and not worrying about getting pregnant. So far, it seems to be lifting our spirits a little. I think we'll probably try to make sure we have sex a couple of times around ovulation, but we aren't going to stress about it this month. We'll just wait and see what the urologist says, and see whether or not the possible infection, and slightly low volume could be causing a problem.

May 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
great to hear youll have insurance, I hope it covers infertility or at least something that will be of use to you!! also nice for your DH to be working less, even if it is only a couple of hourse a day, it really makes a difference.
You never know not thinking about TTC this month, it may just be the month. if anything, like you say is lifting your spirits a little.
May 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck. I hope you find the answers you need and someone that can help you.
Baby all around.
May 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you are getting good insurance
I hope you find an RE soon

May 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I'm glad everything's alright.... I'm still thinking about ya, girl!!!!
May 20th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear all is ok with you.... have you asked your obgyn to recommend a few to you, they may know of some that your not finding in your searches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search