Cat Question

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I am getting puzzled about my orange male cat, Smoke. Ever since we got to my Mom's from Maryland, Smoke has been having diarrhea and steps on it. We have to clean his paws with cat shampoo and clean it off. He cries when we do it. It breaks my heart!!! Anyway, there's no blood in the liquid stool. I researched online (it freaked me out!). Most of them said if the cat is having diarrhea and there's no blood in stool and he's eating and drinking, then it's minor cause. If he's weak and not eating, then it's major cause (could be something serious).

So here's the case
Smoke started having diarrhea monday night. We caught his rear messy paws. Gave him bath.
Again tuesday night same situation. Only washed his paws. He had explosive diarrhea that exploded to the wall and the floor. (Poor guy)
No diarrhea wednesday!!!! Improvement!!!
This afternoon, caught messy paws.. checked the literbox, the stool is a little soft but not liquid. Washed his paws off. Then 2 hrs later, messy paws except there's no stool in literbox? I looked everywhere where he did it. No evidence. Washed his paws.
I pulled his neck to see if it snapped or slowly snapped. It quickly snapped.. means he's hydrated. I have been watching him eating and drinking water since monday and he's eating and drinking normally and is playful.

I thinked back to when it started... I think it's the food. Ok I remember first saturday of May, he had diarrhea and stepped on it.. i cleaned it off. My landlord has 2 cats. We live in the basement. My cat food is in basement. Whenever I'm home, I let the cats freely on 1st floor. There's 2nd floor and their cat food is in 2nd floor in the bathroom. i'm sure my cats go in there and steal their food. The landlord uses Whiskers. AAAACCCK!!! I use Blue Spa Select holistic cat food for the past year.
When we came to my Mom's last friday, they started eating my mom's cat's food Science Diet. It's yellow cat food. I think that's what is causing Smoke to have diarrhea. I removed Science diet and told my mom Shaggy can have my cat food for now and see how things go.

I'm sooooooo upset about Smoke... I wonder if he's sick or what? 5 mins ago I just saw him drink water. So as long as he is eating and drinking water, he should be ok?

If he keeps having diarrhea til Saturday morning, I'm going to take him to the Vet. But I really think it's the food change from his food to Science Diet... and the stress from the road trip from Maryland to Indiana last Friday. He got nervous and has anxiety problems during car ride.

Anyone ever had this problem? What did you do???
May 22nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted an answer on the TTC #1 board.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search