I Bought Stuff.....Again

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2008, 09:38 AM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have tons of clothing. Tons. My child will be outfitted from birth to 12 months. I have them separated into their proper bins according to size. If I don't get a BFP soon, I will need some more boxes.

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wasn't going to buy any more baby stuff at all. Well, that didn't work well. I bought the onesie that matches StephieChelle's, the two stuffed animals, two pairs of infant jeans at Penney's (it was buy one get one for $.99), $37 worth of stuff at our local baby thrift store, two pairs of shoes, $17 worth of stuff at a flea market, a onesie that says "Daddy's Girl," one that says "Night Owl," a 3 pack of organic onesies, and a pack of socks. All of these things, I believe, have been purchased since I vowed to not buy anything else, and those are only the things that I can remember right off hand.

I'm going to try to only purchase things that we would really need, since we don't need anymore clothing. The only clothing we need is a few pairs of pants, a couple more sleep 'n plays, and some jackets. We do need bibs, shoes, hats, cloth diapers, etc. so I am going to try to only pick those things up from now on.

These are some of the things I have bought in the last week or two, since I decided that I wasn't going to buy anything else.

Onesie that I bought at Goodies:

Close-up:

Stuffed animals from Penney's (They were buy one get one half off.)

Carter's shoes that I bought at a flea market for $2:

Close-up:

My mother in law bought these two. The bib is a teething bib, and I love the turtle on the blanket:

It's amazing how much money you spend when you vow not to spend any.

I also bought DH a shirt. I couldn't stand to pass up all the Father's Day shirts that are out. I bought him one that says "World's Greatest Dad" in a camo pattern. He doesn't know about it. It's hidden in our closet and will only come out when/if I get a BFP. That will be my little way to surprise him.

I'm going to try to only test while he's at work. If I get a BFP, I'll run directly to the store, buy a bag for his shirt, (or I might just go ahead and buy the bag now) and give it to him when he gets home. I hope I get a BFP before the shirt becomes moth eaten. No, wait....

May 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Sounds like me then I end up spending $50 at Target.

made by BAM

May 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
OMG I have to have a turtle blanket like that one!!! I love frogs and turtles. Don't feel bad we are bad too. We already bought a baby name book and are picking out names, LOL and i have a few bins myself of baby stuff.
May 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
OMG I have to have a turtle blanket like that one!!![/b]
It's adorable, isn't it?

May 24th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
all the stuff is so cute, I still haven't gotten around to buy anything

May 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I just bought 3 crib sheets to match my bedding! So I've got 4 matching crib sheets and a few random ones. I plan on getting 7 total.

made by BAM

May 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I love the stuff! Very cute! And, try not to feel bad. I have already bought way to many baby items. Clothes, books, sheets, shoes .. I need to stop! LOL
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

May 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE the I love bald guys onsie. DH is bald, if we have a girl I will have to get one like it. (Or make one like it if I can't find one.)
May 26th, 2008, 08:01 PM
nikas_mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I said I wasn't going to buy anything either anymore and you should see the pile I bought yesterday at a thrift store when DH took me out to cheer me up.

</div><div align="center">
on a not trying, not preventing break this cycle due to my health...

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search