So furious!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
So the guy from the water company just walked up to my door and stuck a paper in it and left. By the time I got outside he was gone. It was a notice that they had shut off my water for non-payment. I never even got a termination notice. reason: I PAID THE FRIGGIN' BILL! I went up to the water department and threw a fit. She looked in her computer and then goes "Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. You paid that. We'll turn that back on ASAP." I asked her when.....I should be getting ready for work right now, and I need a shower. Her response....."It'll probably be tomorrow before I can get them back over there." I went off and told her that if the water isn't back on by 5:00 when they close I'll be contacting my attorney first thing in the morning and that he would contact them after that. It would be one thing if the payment hadn't been made, or even if it had been late, but it was ON TIME! Besides.....I'm literally 3 blocks from the office. Walk your butt over there and fix YOUR mistake!

If I don't have water tonight because these morons can't do paperwork correctly someone is going to do some SERIOUS apologizing. This is BS!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I'd be furious too! I'm glad you let them know how it is and demanded water back by 5 or legal action

May 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Oh if they think I'm mad.....just wait until DH gets home from work. He works in a meat factory. Makes bacon and works in 30 degree temps. He comes in cold, sticky and stinky. If he has to go to his mom's and shower because these morons made a mistake like this............ I pity whoever has to be the one to deal with him.

The worst was the way they treated me. Yes, I was in pj pants and a tshirt that didn't even come close to matching...I was trying to get ready for work when you shut my water off! I told the first lady (as calmly as I could) what was going on. She nodded while giving me the "yeah right...heard this one before" look and says "Liz, can you come handle...this!" and looks towards me. The guy sitting behind the first lady said, "It's okay. I'm sure you meant to pay it. You can pay it now and they can turn it right back on with no fees." GRRRRRR! Then when Liz "handles" it she finds the payment and NO ONE even said they were sorry! I hate rude people!

May 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I would be mad too Steph! I have been, this has actually happened to us as well. I swear, sometimes I say the only requirement for the job at places like that is breathing. Sorry about all that! I know how much of a big inconvenience it is, especially when you've done your part. Better make sure they don't charge a reconnect fee!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Quote:
Oh if they think I'm mad.....just wait until DH gets home from work. He works in a meat factory. Makes bacon and works in 30 degree temps. He comes in cold, sticky and stinky. If he has to go to his mom's and shower because these morons made a mistake like this............ I pity whoever has to be the one to deal with him.

The worst was the way they treated me. Yes, I was in pj pants and a tshirt that didn't even come close to matching...I was trying to get ready for work when you shut my water off! I told the first lady (as calmly as I could) what was going on. She nodded while giving me the "yeah right...heard this one before" look and says "Liz, can you come handle...this!" and looks towards me. The guy sitting behind the first lady said, "It's okay. I'm sure you meant to pay it. You can pay it now and they can turn it right back on with no fees." GRRRRRR! Then when Liz "handles" it she finds the payment and NO ONE even said they were sorry! I hate rude people![/b]
How rude! Wow, I would have been so mad. I replied to this topic on another board, and I said how this has happened to me before. Ridiculous!
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

May 29th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Well they did come turn it back on, but it was too late for me to get a shower before work. I was in the front yard, putting stuff for my camping trip into the car. The guy walked within 10 feet of me to turn it back on and never said a single word. I thought the least he could have done was say "sorry about the mix up" or SOMETHING. ARGH! At least it's back on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search