New Board Help

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
New Board Help - FAQs

- Why did we have to switch to the new board?

The JustMommies Team decided that this will be a great improvement for the boards. The old software was just not able to handle the number of members that the new software can. Once all of the bugs and glitches are worked out, they are sure you will come to love it and if you have any questions or need to report a bug, please follow the links provided in this thread.

-Why is my display name different?

• Now your display name will be the same as your log-in name. There is no option to have a display name that is different from your log-in name with this software. Be sure to change your username to whatever you want displayed. You will still have the ability to change your username every 30 days.

How to change your username
  • Look at the top of the page and click the link User CP
  • Scroll down until you see the category Settings & Options on the left
  • Click Edit Email, Password, and Username
  • Remember you can not use any special characters in your Username
  • If you change it to something new please respond to this thread with it

-What the Heck is up with my Siggy?

Your siggy might look funky. They got a little messed up in the switch. To change your Siggy:

How to edit your signature

• Edit Signature is under that grouping
  • Your edit signature area here is really different than on the old board
  • To view the codes instead of the images while editing click the button in the top right of the edit area that has a large and small upper case A
  • You'll need to remove some stray html codes that decided to jump into your siggy area during the switch
- Why do I have old/erased messages in my inbox?

Your PM box will have all your old messages in it.

• Because of the differences in software, ALL PMs were transferred over to the new board, including ones you deleted. Go ahead and delete them again.
  • If you had PM folders set up on the old site, youll have to set those up again.

- Why is my Private Messaging not working?

PMs are automatically disabled. You will need to manually enable your PMs.

• By default all members PMs are turned off and you have to manually turn them back on, even if you are a host who corrected this before the site went live.
  • Click Edit Options
  • Scroll down to Private Messages (2nd box under Messaging and Notifications). You'll find all your PM options there.

-How can I quote more than one post?
  • Click this button to multi-quote: [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif[/IMG]
  • Hit "Add Reply" the multi-quotes will automatically be put into your reply box.

-How do I go to the last unread post?

• Click this button for the last post: [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/buttons/lastpost.gif[/IMG] (on the far right of the topic line),
  • or [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/buttons/sortasc.gif[/IMG] to go the first NEW post in that thread (the left of the topic title if there are new posts)

-You are automatically subscribed to posts.

To change this:

• Go to User CP, Edit Options, and under 'Default Topic Subscription Mode', change it to "do not subscribe"
-Why are the stickies messed up?

• It is a bug that has been reported, so are any missing recent posts, don't worry its being taken care of.

-The envelopes next to each post do mean something.

[IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/statusicon/thread.gif[/IMG]Means no new posts since you last read this topic.
[IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/statusicon/thread_new.gif[/IMG]Means new posts since you last read this topic.
[IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/statusicon/thread_hot.gif[/IMG]Means hot topic (15+ replies or 150+ views) with no new posts.
[IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/statusicon/thread_hot_new.gif[/IMG]Means hot topic with new replies.
If there is an arrow on the envelope, you have replied at least once to this thread.

If a thread has a [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/misc/tag.png[/IMG] it means it is tagged. Hover your mouse over it to see the tags.
If a thread has a [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/misc/subscribed.gif[/IMG] it means you are subscribed to the topic.

About any links you have in reference to JM
  • All links in your bookmarks/favorites will need to be updated to the proper links on this board, not the old one
  • This includes tags in your siggy are

Some new features!

*Increased avatar size. Avatars can be 100x100 pixels now!
*You can preview a topic by hovering your mouse over the topic title.
*You now have 2 minutes to edit a post without leaving an edit trail.
*You can leave a Reason for Editing your post at the bottom, if you wish. No more "edited for spelling" - especially with the new Spell Checker!
*You can make portions of your Profile private to everyone, viewable to only your contacts or public. (User CP> Profile Privacy)
*You can report a Private Message to a Mod directly from your PM center. (click [IMG]/justmommies/vb/images/buttons/report.gif[/IMG] inside the PM)
*You can add Tags to your posts to make them easier for other members to find.
*You can set Polls to close on a certain date, and Polls can close for voting but remain open to responses. Additionally, you can make your poll public to show who voted and for which option, or make it private.
*You can add read receipts to your Private Messages. If you don't want the person to know you have read the message, you can click cancel until you are ready to confirm the receipt.
*Software prevents SHOUTING. If an entire post is written in all caps, it will make it in lowercase, except for the first word of each sentence

If you notice any bugs/glitches with the new boards, please post them here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/sh....php?t=1462796 (vBulletin Bug Report and Feedback)

If you have any other questions, please contact your Board Host or Rachel at boards@justmommies.com.

Also please refer to the announcement made by Teresa:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/an...ment.php?f=504

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search