How do you deal?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Since January, 3 people I know are pregnant. The last one I found out about today..it was the "she went off bc pills and thought it would take a while, but she's due in August". It just feels like everywhere I go someone new is pregnant and I'm not. It feels like a slap in the face. I feel like I want to just go away and not have any contact with anyone else so that I will not find out anyone else is pregnant. Jealous? sure. I am just so jaded and feel like it is not going to happen. Impatient, sure., Sad, all of the above!

So, how do you deal? when you find out about other people, when each month AF comes? how do you find the strength to keep trying? just want to know..
March 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I am sorry *HUGS* I sure do know how you feel. It's happened and still is happening all around me. My sister in law is due next month with my nephew(our first) and it KILLED me at first. It still kinda sucks because I thought that Ryan and I would be the first to have the first great grandbaby but it just didn't work out that way. I know that you've probably heard this a million times, because I know that I have since we first started TTC, but things really do happen for a reason. In my opinion, sometimes God has a funny way of showing us that we gotta be thankful for what we do have and when the time finally comes that we get our chance, we'll appreciate it more.

As far as dealing with it, I guess when you've tried as long as we have, you tend to develop a pretty thick skin. I guess somewhere along the way I somehow convinced myself that it WILL happen. It's also great to have a place like this because these girls are great and they support you through this crazy emotional rollercoaster. It's wonderful to have people who know exactly what you're going through, what you feel, so you don't feel alone.

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

March 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
double post

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

March 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
April last year my co worker and I found out we were pregnant the same day but had MCs within a week of each other. We get summers off from work and came back to work and found out she was 3 months pregnant... If that wasn't a slap in the face I also found out my boss was 6 months pregnant. I honestly tried to ignore all the talk and excitement about "babies." And just keep going with DH. There have been many times I've wanted to throw in the towel but DH keeps pushing because he knows this is what I want.

made by BAM

March 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
April last year my co worker and I found out we were pregnant the same day but had MCs within a week of each other. We get summers off from work and came back to work and found out she was 3 months pregnant... If that wasn't a slap in the face I also found out my boss was 6 months pregnant. I honestly tried to ignore all the talk and excitement about "babies." And just keep going with DH. There have been many times I've wanted to throw in the towel but DH keeps pushing because he knows this is what I want.

made by BAM

March 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM

made by BAM

March 11th, 2009, 06:43 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
I have been trying for 75 months.. and I know its hard but first you process, and then you grieve...and then you be happy for the person..

All the while, you have to have faith! Its hard... I know for me sometimes I don't want to deal with anyone but me and DH so that I hear about anything out in the real world... but I keep having faith and hope that I will have a baby.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
March 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbymichelle View Post
In my opinion, sometimes God has a funny way of showing us that we gotta be thankful for what we do have and when the time finally comes that we get our chance, we'll appreciate it more. .
I agree 110%. With my last MC it stung so badly. I told DH to sell all the baby stuff and didn't want to bother trying anymore after I found out I was MCing. I was so mad. Someone told me "it happened for a reason," and I wanted to scream a them. But Friday DH and I went in to get pre-approval for a home loan. The loan officer told us that had we had any children or were currently pregnant they wouldn't have been able to approve us for the loan right now. So it seems the MC did happen for a reason.

made by BAM

March 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
ignore

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

Last edited by tabbymichelle; March 14th, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
March 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
ignore

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

Last edited by tabbymichelle; March 14th, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
March 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
aww..im sorry..its always hard..ive been trying for almost two years now and i dont think i have a friend anymore who isnt pregnant or been recently pregnant. In fact i just had one friend tell me she is pregnant just yesterday..she has no job and two other kids! its frustrating..i mean i know her job status has nothing to do with it..but she even said to me how am i gonna handle 3 kids..some people..its hard to deal..i cry all the time..you wanna be happy for them and really you are its just that tinge of jealousy..i wish i knew what to tell you..im in the same boat...good luck and just try to think that someday it will happen for you! i hope this will be your month! if you need to cry..go ahead!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
March 14th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Lady Caillean's Avatar Veteran

Im sure everyone here knows that exact feeling of "why them and not me" esp when you have been trying and they havent, at the moment i seem to be getting slapped in the face by everyone around me, from my younger cousin who is in the middle of a split from his wife (he has a little boy of 5) and his ex is expecting another in July, all because he couldnt keep it in his trousers through the split to a friend who has a little boy of 1, who is disappointed that she is expecting again to the random complete strangers, like the little girl who couldnt be more than 14 in the doctors surgery with her mum who was heavily pregnant it frustrates me more than anything
The last few weeks has been a rollercoater of emotions, from sadness, jealousy, anger and frustration, all i have wanted to do is lock myself away in a room and cry i have cried so much in the last few weeks i think im outta tears, in the long run i know i have to be strong, its the only way im gonna make it through this with any sanity at all, but that doesnt make the fact of the matter any easier. Im just hoping that there is a light at the end of this very long tunnel for us all!
Keep your chin up

A woman is the full circle.
Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.

~ Diane Mariechild ~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search