Am I wrong???

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How long has Jane been trying?
3 months 12 85.71%
Over a Year 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
OK, this has been bugging me all day and I need my JM friends to help me out since you guys are going thru this with me... sorry if its long...

OK, here it goes..

over the weekend I went to a gathering at my cousins house to hang out with her and some of her friends.... and mind you I love this cousin and she knows everything that I have been going thru with our TTCing. Well one of her friends was there and we got to talking and my cousin mentioned that we were struggling to have a baby, well her friend (who I will call Jane) was all... woah is me, my DH and I have been trying for a little over a year and we don't know what going on ..etc. etc. , well some people overheard and started giving her sympthy... Well, I got pissed.... WHY? Her husband had been deployed for 18 months... (not everyone knew this) so in my opinion they haven't been trying over a year... and he has only been home 3 months..

I mean, am I wrong about this.. don't the 2 people have to be in the same city in order to be "trying". I said something to this effect and then I got a few mean looks... My cousin agreed with me but didn't say much.. I was really upset... I mean I have been ACTIVELY trying for over 6 years...

Oh and then Jane, was saying that she is going to her dr and moving forward with Clomid and testing because they haven't concieved yet.

So, I am wondering ... am I wrong? Has she been really TTC since they decided while he was away and he came home once during that time.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11

Last edited by txjovigal; March 23rd, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
March 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
Ummmm, to be ttc, without medical assistance, you have to be having some sex with the opposite sex. Not self-sex, phone sex, or anything else. You and your DH have to be DTD. So, Jane may have been wanting to TTC for over a year, but in actuality, she has only been trying a couple of months. She needs to change her story to reflect the truth. I mean if she said 'DH and I have been wanting kids for over a year now, but because he was deployed, we've only actively been ttc for a couple months', then she would be accurate and might get the sympathy she is looking for, for having to wait to TTC.

And as for her already want to seek medical intervention...well it sounds like she needs a reality check. Again, not preggo after 3 months of DTD doesn't warrant medical attention. Sounds like Jane is an attention wh*re and is a huge drama llama.

March 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
sorry that you had to go through that *HUGS*

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

March 24th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Lady Caillean's Avatar Veteran
i agree 3 months hon

A woman is the full circle.
Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.

~ Diane Mariechild ~
March 24th, 2009, 04:16 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Three months. You have to be able to have sex to be considered TTC

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
March 24th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree.... she must be starved for attention!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

March 24th, 2009, 06:13 AM
What a !! Someone was just lookin for a pity party.. I agree with all of ya! She's only been tryin a couple months!
March 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd think you can only be "trying" if you are trying... hence DTD..

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
DH and I were in a similar spot as Jane. He is military, and was deployed the better part of the 2 years before we started TTC. We talked about kids, we were getting our finances in order and making sure we had healthy habits, reading parenting books, etc...but we were in opposite hemispheres. We would NEVER consider that time TTC, because conception would have been impossible!!

I agree that this girl is just looking for sympathy and drama, and she needs to chill out a little. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that after all you have been through, and I hope you get your BFP soon!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 24th, 2009, 10:53 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
I agree with the rest of you ladies... That you need to be actually DTD in order to be considered TTC.. but I also think there are extenuating circumstances...

I know my DH was gone for a little while, but with my situation I still consider it time we were TTC because I was BCP for one of our IUI's for the first half and the second half we were getting everything situated for our IVF.. so even if he was actually home we wouldn't be doing anything differently.

But if say we started TTC and then he got actually deployed, I wouldn't count that time he was gone.. esp if it was over 6 months.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 24th, 2009, 01:13 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Thank you ladies!

April, your case was different since your DH came home more often than Jane's DH!! and some of that time you were actually still doing treatment or preparing for IVF..

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
March 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
wow! i have to agree with you guys!! my dh was gone for a year and before he left it was a year and now its only been like 7 almost 8 months since he has been home..i dont count that year as us ttc...thats insane!! sorry you had to go through that!! i hope you feel better soon!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
March 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to say that I have mixed feelings about this. I am in the same shoes as you because we have been trying for so long with our dhs in the same place. I do somewhat understand janes feelings because she wants a baby and her dh is deployed. I don't think I would have understood her side until I met someone in her shoes. She came to me with her sob story and i just broke down because its not like she is facing the fact of never having her own kids. then she explained to me that you don't have to physically be trying for it to effect you mentally. I don't think she needs all that medical help at this point, but maybe she is just scared and didn't mean for it to effect you. I don't know this girl, but if she was trying to still your thunder so to speak then shame on her. 6 years of ttcing is a hard reality to face. I can't imagine that. I am on cycle 39. good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search