Caitlin's TTC Journal

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
Send a message via AIM to DsprtlyTrying
i have been trying to have a baby with my husband for the last two years of our marriage! i am 23 years old, have been pregnant once before (and did one thing i will regret for the rest of my life) and he has gotten women pregnant before but they had miscarriages! he used to abuse drugs quite badly however joined the USAF about 3 1/2 years ago to get away from all of that and has succeeded greatly! i have never done a drug in my life, dont drink, just quit smoking after 1 1/2 years of doing so, am taking prenatal vitamins, eating a TON of fish, and am using Ovulation tests and soft cups. we dont know what is wrong, the military wont help us until we have been trying for over a year solid and even though we have done that, they still havent helped find what is wrong! my husband is going in to have is little soldiers counted on the 6th of april and i am about to go get a radiology test on my tubes done after his results are in. from there we will see what happens! wish us luck!
April 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
hey girl! welcome first of all! im jessie and dh is santos! My hubby is in the military too! we have only had success with tricare because we kinda squeezed our way in..you kinda just have to be pushy!! the military drs wont do anything for you...i had to ask our dr if he would put a referral in...even if it hasnt been a solid year..just say a year or more! we had been trying a year before he left for korea..i was able to get in to an re before he got home..now about 8 months later we are still working with the re! The only thing is he is telling us we need ivf and if we go to wilford hall med center we get it at a discount! so just weasel your way in and i hope it all works out!! good luck!!
April 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks!! That adds some hope! Unfortunately, when we first were married, we would go through sperts of "oh, why dont we wait to have a baby" and i would go get birth control! we did that twice and even though we never took it, they showed that i got a 3 month supply's so they wouldnt count six months towards our "ttc time." Even though we never actually followed through with it.

Any way, my husband is getting tested on the 6th of April, soooo we will see how that turns out. And if he is all good to go, we will get me tested. As of right now, I am taking B6 and B12 vitamins, quiting smoking on the 6th, and going to start pre-natals here soon. We also are using Ov. tests and when we do the "deed" i use an Instead Soft Cup (meant for your pd and can be found at walmart) to keep all of the little soldiers nice and close to their target! lol! My hubby keeps joking that we need to do it more than just at night! with the excuse of "if your egg only lasts for 12 hours and we only have sex every 24 hours, thats not good!" lol! He's right, a knuckle-head, but right! lol! I never thought of it that way!

Well, best of luck to all of my other fellow TTC'ers! Hopefully we will all meet each other in the graduation room at some point! lol
April 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
So my hubby got tested yesterday for the first time. He was so cute, at first he was acting like it was no big deal and he wasnt nervous at all, but when it came down to it, he got all kiddish and scared! They didnt actually count anything yet or check for the strength of them but the Dr. did immediately point out that he thinks he has varicocele which has been known to cause the infertility in about 40% of infertile men. also, it is extremely quick and easy to fix (and out patient procedure) and has a 70% of a success rate for couples getting prego. Needless to say, i am a little releived that it is possibly just this one little glitch and not anything too difficult to overcome! wish us luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search