Clomid Question..

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to ka2sie Send a message via MSN to ka2sie Send a message via Yahoo to ka2sie
Hello All,
I switched over to TTC since nothing seems to be working out.. Beginning of april I had a BFP went to hosp for bleeding said they saw an empty sac my HCG levls were 5500 48hrs later I got another B-HCG which was 9000 48hrs later another BHCG of 12000. Doc did u/s and said it was a molar pregnancy since it was cluster like and couldnt see fetal pole, heartbeat anything just tissue in uterus, had a D&C on 3/27, the docs office called after pathology was back and said good news it wasnt a molar pregnancy and that i didnt need more bloodtests unless my doc wanted some and i have my follow up in 2 weeks on april 14th. Anyways, Ive always had irregular periods where I go months w/o AF my question is can I request my doc put me on clomid to try to get pregnant without going another year and a half to conceive again? I'm 21 and in pretty good health other then wacky periods. Is Clomid something I can request? and what is your sucess been if anyone has tried it? sorry for such a long post
April 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
babyjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would bring it up with your doctor for sure. I have irregular cycles too and wasn't ovulating on my own. My doc ran blood test to check my hormones and did an ultrasound and dx'd me w/ PCOS. I started Metformin and it has helped me to ovulate. However Clomid might still be an option for me because I still ovulate late.

Your chances of getting PG are reduced if you ovulate late for several reasons: 1. your egg could have over matured 2. the lining in the uterus might not be fertile enough to implant that late in a cycle 3. longer cycles means less opportunities to even TTC. Although there are plenty of woman who get PG w/ late ovulations.

That said, any doctor should consider what your options are and not make you wait any longer.

Good Luck hun!

April 2nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
I think that if I were you I would talk to your doctor about your irregular cycles because if you are only getting AF on occasion it will be hard to do clomid since you have to do them during your period. Have you ever been tested for PCOS?

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

April 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to ka2sie Send a message via MSN to ka2sie Send a message via Yahoo to ka2sie
I dont think ive been tested for PCOS but I know they did bloodwork and ultrasounds but didnt mention anything about seeing any cysts etc. I heard with Clomid if yoru not regular they give you a medicine (forgot the name) that starts your period for you and then you take the clomid when it starts. It begins with an M. I'll ask them about pcos also.
April 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
When they do testing for PCOS, they usually do a pelvic exam and they check out your ovaries w/ a US. So you would have remembered that. As for medicine that starts your period, I believe you are thinking of Provera. I am on that right now and will be finished on Sun (10 days of pills) and will have a period in 2-3 days after my last pill. Then I am taking Clomid on CD5-9. I hope you can talk to your doc and get some answers about pcos, clomid and provera! Good luck!
April 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Regular
Thanks I'll ask her about it. I remember I have had a pelvic exam and u/s done in the past month when I was having miscarriage but they didnt find anythign abnormal. Hopefully I'll get on the Provera and Clomid and get a BFP and a nice healthy baby Thanks for all your help Ladies
April 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
When I was tested for PCOS they did a pelvic, ultrasound and bloodwork to check my levels. The bloodwork is what confirmed it. When you have PCOS you tend to have higher testosterone levels than someone without it. You can bring on your period naturally with a natural progesterone..I do this. You can get it over the counter and progesterone cream is actually better than using the provera pills because with pills it has to go through the blood and most of the progesterone is actually lost in the liver. Good luck!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Last edited by tabbymichelle; April 2nd, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
April 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
well i wish i knew what to tell you...sorry i dont really know..but to me though it sounds like it might be pcos.. you might ask your dr about it..even though they havent said anything about it..doesnt mean it isnt there (just thinkin of possibilities) b/c there must be some sort of an issue if you arent getting reg pds. good luck and i hope it works out with a nice pretty bfp!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
April 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
babyjen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbymichelle View Post
When I was tested for PCOS they did a pelvic, ultrasound and bloodwork to check my levels. The bloodwork is what confirmed it. When you have PCOS you tend to have higher testosterone levels than someone without it. You can bring on your period naturally with a natural progesterone..I do this. You can get it over the counter and progesterone cream is actually better than using the provera pills because with pills it has to go through the blood and most of the progesterone is actually lost in the liver. Good luck!
It never even crossed my mind to try progesterone cream. Is there a particular brand that works well, I might try this if this cycle doesn't work out.

April 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjen View Post
It never even crossed my mind to try progesterone cream. Is there a particular brand that works well, I might try this if this cycle doesn't work out.
I got mine at walmart. As long as it says "Natural Progesterone" it's fine. See.. Provera isn't made of natural progesterone, it's synthetic. That's why most of it is lost in the liver.. I think, in my opinion, it's much safer to use the natural stuff lol Here's a website that I found that made me start trying. I had been on bcp to regulate until we could see the RE again and it ran out so since DH's new insurance haven't kicked in, I decided to continue to try and regulate until then and I chose progesterone cream.

Women for Balance - Making a Difference One Woman at a Time
Quote:
If you have PCOS, you can use 15 to 20 mg of progesterone cream daily from day 14 to day 28 of your cycle. If you have a longer or a shorter cycle, adjust accordingly. The disappearance of facial hair and acne are usually obvious signs that hormones are becoming balanced, but to see these results, you'll need to give the treatment at least six months, in conjunction with proper diet and exercise. If your symptoms fade, try gradually easing off the progesterone (take half the dose, for example) and see how it goes. If your symptoms return, stay on the full dose for six more months.

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

April 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Regular
Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. Since I dont have regular periods can I try progestrone cream whenver? i'll have to do some research. I have my follow up appointment on the 14th of this month. So i'll ask about clomid and inducing my period if it doesnt come before then and see where that takesme. Thanks again
April 6th, 2009, 05:59 AM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you can't use progesterone cream whenever. you will not ovulate if you're using progesterone cream before Oing. this is very very important. only use PC from confirmed ovulation (using temps) till AF or BFN after 14DPO. this can really really screw up your cycle even more if you use it incorrectly. you MUST monitor your O through charting cause if you use the PC too early, you won't O. Progesterone is the body's way of signaling you have O'd and then it prepares for implantation. if your progesterone rises before you O, your body will be tricked into thinking it has O'd already and then won't. you really have to know your cycles to use this product effectively! if you need more help, PM me.

April 6th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Ditto to what Lynda said about using it whenever but.. if you haven't had a period in quite sometime, you can use it to start your cycle, this is what a doctor would do(Provera) most likely only the cream is natural. It's quite possible that you have PCOS and I would first see a doctor about getting tested for it. Good luck!

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg

My Personal Links:

April 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I also have wacky periods ranges from 24 to 27 days clomid put me on a 28 day cycle..

I got pregnant 3 times on clomid first 2 ended up misscarriages..

I just found out I am pregnant again and I did clomid and iui with ovidrell injection worked first time.... ( I am also on progesterone suppositories as it was a 10 when I had my blood test)

Ask them to run a baseline on you on cycle day 3 and they will know what you need..

Just like you i am 26 and healthy sometimes its just really hard to get pregnant no matter how healthy you are..

Clomid is safe and easy very little side effects... start with 50 and if first month it doesn't work move to 100 I got pregnant first time on 50 second time 100 3rd time 100..

LOTS OF LUCK!!!!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder

Last edited by frankie; April 8th, 2009 at 05:48 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search