Hubs test results, questions.

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Deirdre's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi guys! I have a question. I haven't been here in a long time and most of you probably don't remember me.

We've been TTC for 7years. We gave up for a little while, started up again, got real serious, took a break, got real serious again..you know how it goes.

So we finally got hubs tested and he has a very low count apparently. They said that they couldn't tell anything about his motility because there count was low? I don't understand that. Why can't they tell what the quality is like even though there aren't as many as there should be?

We're being referred to a fertility doctor but in all honesty, I am ready to go the adoption route.

April 18th, 2009, 08:17 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Hmmm, the doctor's explanation doesn't really make sense. You might want to ask this question over on the Male Factor Infertility board...those girls will have more info on this!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

April 18th, 2009, 08:43 AM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
If this helps... If you do IUI they wash the sperm pulling out only the good ones... Which can give you a better chance.. You should really see what your options are...Sorry to say this but the fact that you had a m/c is a sign that you got pregnant soooo i would see what options are....lots of luck!

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder

Last edited by frankie; April 18th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.
April 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Well getting pregnant once in 7 years, there's a problem somewhere tbh.

And I already looked in all my options and the odds are not good. I don't think I could spend thousands for something that has a 10-50% chance. I don't think I can take another 2WW and get my period. I already have "my" child. We've talked about this a long length. Does that mean we will stop trying naturally? No, but I'd rather spend 10K on adoption than IVF.

April 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
When the results are low like that, they don't always test everything else because it doesn't really make a difference kwim?

My DH's first 2 SA's were like that, all the results said were "too low to count". There are some vitamins you can have him try, but keep in mind it takes 92 days for new sperm to form... You might want to check out this thread...

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...lp-counts.html (For your SO's - List of Vitamins to help with counts!)

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

April 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hubby had a very low count both times he was tested, his first was like 1.9 million and second was 4 million............they did test his motility and it was borderline but they told us that with such a low count that didnt really matter. We were told ivf with icsi was our only option, 6 weeks later we got a BFP on our own, she's now a beautiful healthy 9 month old, when she was 12 weeks old and while exclusively bfeeding we got another BFP all on our own and we're expecting again in 11 weeks time! Hubbys count was so low we had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting pg on our own but we're gona have 2 in the space of a year, dont give up, male fertility can change.

good luck

xx

April 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I'll read that link later. His count was lower than that. It was 59k.

We'll get him restested anyways when we go see the dr but someone else i know, her husband had even lower than mine but they told her about motility so I didn't get it.

I'm asking for the results to get mailed to me.

April 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
my mothers friend was told she cant have kids she went and adopted and got pregnant the dr are human they are NOT god! Lots of luck

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
April 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Definitely have it rechecked. My doctor actually told my DH that being sleep deprived and stressed can add to a lower count. He said that men also go through "a time of the month" just like women when it's lower than normal. Hope the next count is a lot better!

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search