Hey all

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 05:20 PM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies. I saw that someone asked about me a few months ago. I had meant to say Ďheyí while I was lurking around but never did. I still check in once in a while to see how you all are doing and whether there are any BFPís or not.

Whoever responded by saying that I was taking a break from TTC was right. I stopped taking the Clomid, the Metformin, the whole bit and Iím glad that I did.

Iíve had nothing but problems since December or so. It started with a pain in my chest and Iíve now been diagnosed with multiple medical issues over the last two months.

Through two CT scans (one with dye and one without), a couple of blood tests, an ultrasound, many X-rays, and an EGD it was discovered that I have multiple ovarian cysts including a very large one on the right ovary, very high cholesterol, kidney stones which luckily I passed, insulin resistance, PCOS, a fatty liver, gastritis, gastric bezoar (a foreign glob in your stomach, mine is food that isnít being digested), and I now have an appointment for Tuesday to be checked for diabetes and thyroid problems since gastric bezoar tends to be associated with those conditions. I also had a very bad UTI due to the kidney stones which was a lot of fun.

The good thing about all of that is that my stomach, other than the bezoar and mild gastritis, was fine. No cancer, no ulcers. Plus, it was originally a possibility that I had cancer in my liver but it turned out to be a fatty liver. It can cause problems later in life, including liver failure, but is relatively easily reversed before it gets to that point, which is good.

I am now on 7 pills a day and a restricted diet. It sucks, but it could have been a lot worse, right?

Now, even though our dogs have always been on heartworm preventative their whole lives, and never missed pills, two of them have heartworms due to pill failures which are cropping up everywhere. Raven starts her treatment on Saturday and Gunn starts his at the end of the month. The treatment is very serious and requires them to remain quiet and not get their blood pressure elevated. Itís going to be a terrible summer. Itís always something, isnít it? (I suggest you all get your dogs tested, if you donít already do the yearly testing. The pills still work more often that not, but are failing badly, especially in high mosquito areas like mine.)

Needless to say, TTCing is put on the back burner indefinitely. One of the pills I am on is known to cause several birth defects and it is unknown how long I will have to remain on this pill. I have a pap smear scheduled for Tuesday and will be on birth control. Yeah, I know that there probably is no point in the world in that, but I donít want to risk it. Weirder things have probablyÖmaybeÖhappened than me getting pregnant, and being on a pill that causes severe birth defects is not something I want to chance even the slightest bit.

I did have a very odd thing happen this month. On the Clomid I always had a 32-33 day cycle. Off of the Clomid I may go a year without a period, so I expected that when I stopped taking it I would revert back to that. Last cycle was 49 days long, but this one was 29. I donít believe Iíve had a 29 day cycle since I was 13 years old. Our bodies are so weird, arenít they?

In two months it will be a year since the miscarriage, not a day Iím looking forward to. My due date came and went, and it was a very difficult time for DH and I. I can only imagine that June 13th (the anniversary of the day we found out I was pregnant) and June 19th (the day of the miscarriage) will be terrible days as well, but we will get through them like we do everything. Together.

My OBGYN, the man that I dearly loved, has completely given up on me after trying nothing but Clomid and Metformin, which did in fact work, even if it did end badly. He basically told me that unless I had the money for in vitro that he didnít believe he could help me. Real encouraging. That coupled with everything else seems to take our chances of ever conceiving even further down.

Right now our plans lie far in the future. DH is in college to be an RN. We are hoping that maybe after he is out of school and established in his career that we can either adopt or try in vitro or both. But thatís another few years down the road.

I sold the first of my baby stash day before yesterday. It felt so odd to do. It was the first purchase that we made that wasnít clothing, the playpen. I sold it to my motherís friendís daughter for $20. We are planning to sell the big things very cheaply and donate all of the clothing/books/stuffed animals. It doesnít appear that we will be parents for a very long time, if ever, and there is absolutely no point in that stuff sitting in a storage shed when someone could be using it. DH has mixed emotions about doing this, as do I, but weíve both decided that it may never happen for us and holding on to those things is silly.

I have blabbed on far too long. I just wanted you all to know that I still check up on you and think about you. I checked in yesterday because it dawned on me that Brenda wouldíve had her baby. I saw her picture. Sheís absolutely adorable!!

I hope itís okay if I pop in once and awhile and say Ďhi.í Take care everyone and baby dust to all of you!

April 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
My, you have been through a lot lately. I can't imagine. I've never heard of a gastric bezoar. (The only bezoar I've heard of is in Harry Potter books) Well, I hope things go wonderfully for you health wise now.

Selling your baby stash must be extremely difficult, but I totally understand your thinking. But even though it is practical thinking, it can't be easy. I applaud you for something so selfless, when most would be selfish and just hold on to those things.

April 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
HUGS!! I still think of you often and I wish you nothing but the best.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
April 29th, 2009, 06:14 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for all the news and heartache you are enduring... sending tons of positive thoughts your way...

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

April 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
wow..im soo sorry you have had to go through all that! my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
April 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) to you, I think about you often
April 30th, 2009, 04:38 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time hun. I still miss seeing you around here on a regular basis, but I understand the need for a break and to get your health back on track. I am praying that your problems clear up and you are back to TTC sooner than you think.

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time hun. I still miss seeing you around here on a regular basis, but I understand the need for a break and to get your health back on track. I am praying that your problems clear up and you are back to TTC sooner than you think.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
Tracy, It's great to see you! I really miss seeing your posts! I am so sorry that things have been so tough for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you that you will get a miracle soon! =)

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
PlasticFork's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much ladies. After a lot of thought, DH and I have decided to hold on to the baby clothes. We are still selling the big things, and giving away the other small things though. We've already sold the crib and changer, the woman picks it up tomorrow. She's very excited about it. It's the last item that she has to purchase before her little girl gets here and she was very excited to find those things so cheaply. I'm very glad that I could help her out, but I'm a little jealous of her also.

We just can't part with the clothing. We tried, but we can't. We will, eventually, have a baby one way or another, and with our stash, our child will literally be clothed from birth to twelve months. We're planning on keeping them, but if there's any sign of aging of the clothes or anything, we'll give them away. Better someone has them than they just deteriorate.

I did give a handful of outfits to my mother's friend's daughter, for her little boy, and I'm saving one beautiful outfit for my friend's beautiful little girl, but the rest are for our future baby.

Good luck everyone and baby dust!! I'll check in again with you sometime and see how everyone is doing.

May 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you have been going trough all this, I still think of you often and I always come around the board hoping to see an update from you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search