Adoption

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 01:01 PM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
What's your opinion? Do you feel that it could be an option for you? If you don't get pregnant are you considering adoption? How long do you think you will try before you would consider it?

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 4th, 2009, 01:08 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
I think Adoption is great and would do it in a heartbeat. Giving birth doesn't define you as a mother or a father its how you love the child growing up that does. Almost anyone can be a mother or father but it takes love and devotion to be a MOM & DAD!

If we can't have kids on are own are next step is to adopt. Well for us, its our next step, I have done everything possible to have one on our own so no its just a matter of when do we start the process. Right now I am just dealing with all the effects of TTCwMA!! Our biggest thing is that when we do finally adopt, we want a newborn. We want to be able to raise the baby from its early stages of life and mold it. May later on we will adopt an older child but our first in my eyes has to be a baby.

All I have wanted for the last 6 years is to be a mom and if it takes ADOPTING to become one then, I am all for that!!

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11

Last edited by txjovigal; May 4th, 2009 at 01:11 PM.
May 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
Esmy We haven't done a lot of talking about adoption, but I believe it is an option.

May 4th, 2009, 02:48 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
I greatly admire everyone who adopts - I think it's an amazing gift.

But for us, right now, we haven't yet considered it at all. So I'm not entirely sure on my opinion.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

May 4th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
I know I haven't been here in a while, but I wanted to weigh in. Adoption is not an option for us. I love that there are people out there who can and do adopt, but it isn't for us.

May 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Adoption would be an option for us. We have been talking about it for a few months now and we've decided that if we're not pregnant by the end of the year, we're going to be moving in that direction. We've been TTC w/ MA for over a year now. Our next step is to move on to injectables. After that would be IVF, but we've decided not to go the IVF route because it's alot of money to spend and not be garenteed a child in the end. So, we've decided to put our money toward international adoption where we will get a child in the end.
May 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Double post.

Last edited by AllisonC; May 4th, 2009 at 06:32 PM.
May 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We will be adopting regardless.

made by BAM

May 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We will be adopting regardless.

made by BAM

May 4th, 2009, 07:50 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Not an option for us unless someone we know needed us to adopt their child(ren) for some reason. I applaud anyone who does adopt.....just not for us.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
DH and I have talked about adoption...it's not our chosen way to get a family, but we will do what it takes. And if that means give a child a family where they didn't have one, then that's what we will do!! We will exhaust all other opportunities first though.

May 6th, 2009, 10:15 AM
tabbymichelle's Avatar GO BUCKEYES!!! O-H-I-O!
Send a message via ICQ to tabbymichelle Send a message via MSN to tabbymichelle Send a message via Yahoo to tabbymichelle Send a message via Skype™ to tabbymichelle
We have talked about it but not in a serious matter. Like, we wouldn't go out to do it tomorrow for example as we have no idea what it entails but I think that it is a definite possibility in the future..

Tabitha & Ryan; Married on Saturday, April 17, 2004 -TTC #1 for 7.5 years. Missing our Angels...

Dx with PCOS at age 14.
Miscarriage in June 2006
2 cycles of Clomid 50mg
1 cycle of Clomid 100mg resulting in miscarriage
Dx with Adenomyosis on 1/28/10
Clomid 150mg 4/30(day 3) - 5/4(day 5) Ultrasound on May 10th.
5/10 - Ultrasound showed 2 perfect follies! (15mm&17mm) Ovulation predicted within 6 days! Progesterone check ordered for 5/20.
5/27 - New round of Clomid started, no ultrasound this cycle, 2 more cycles planned on our own. If no bfp, onto next step!
6/27 - Round 3 Clomid 150mg started.
7/25 - AF Showed, starting final round of Clomid 150mg on CD3
8/21- AF Showed, In the process of finding a new RE
*Waiting to see our new RE

My Personal Links:

My Facebook My Chart Follow me on Twitter! My Personal Blog Tabby's Craft Corner
Pixel Perfect Photography(My Business) Pixel Perfect on Facebook Pixel Perfect on Twitter

May 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When TTC#1, DH and I had discussed adoption as an option, then we had DS. We discussed it again a few months ago, and I decided that if I wasn't pg by December 09, I'd get us on a govt list and look more into private/int'l adoption. If anyone is following my journal in TTC Older Members, we are now adopting, and we are thrilled. I also wanted a newborn, and now it appears that I've got two
I do have close friends IRL who refuse to adopt, but DH and I knew we wanted a sibling for DS no matter what, so we always kept that option open.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search