introducing myself....

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! Thought I'd introduce myself before I jump on in. My name is Samantha [25], I am married to a wonderful man named Johnny[30] & we have a little boy, Brayden [Brady for short] that is almost 3 Ĺ that was conceived our first month trying. We started trying for #2 in July 2008 after Brady turned a year old.

After 18 months of trying I finally went to the doctor. We had an HSG done which revealed that I have a unicornuate uterus, the doctors weren't surprised. I had my son via C-Section and they seen it then & assumed that was part of my problem. So the right side of my uterus never formed when I was in utero. The HSG also showed that my left tube was blocked, which thank god came unblocked by the dye. The doctor told us to try for 3 cycles and if nothing happened to come back. I scheduled the appointment to go see them & found out shortly after that I had indeed gotten pregnant on that third cycle. Sadly it ended in miscarriage at 5w1d on May 27th. After all that time trying there was finally a light at the end of the tunnel & poof it was gone. The loss was so devastating to me & in turn my marriage suffered when my husband didnít react the way I felt he should have. Thank god after a couple months everything went back to normal & we were back to TTC. NowÖ3 months later nothing. So here I amÖ.28 months later & still no baby #2.

I am getting to the point where I really feel like I need support from other women in my situation. The doctors donít think Iím having problems ovulating since Iím getting EWCM & + OPKís every month. This month we are trying vitamins, which we were both taking when we conceived in May. I feel like everyone around me is getting pregnant. My husband has a cousin who already has 3 kids by 2 different guys [wasnít sure which of the 2 guys was her 3rd childís father] and now sheís with a 3rd guy pregnant with twins! Has no job, lives off the government & someone like me and my husband canít have ONE more child. My husbandís aunt who is in a very mentally & physically abusive relationship just had a baby girl. I just donít understand!

Excuse my rant [: I guess Iíll start jumping in now!

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Welcome! I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. That is so hard. I haven't personally experienced it but I have had a number of friends who have. I hope your stay with us is short but very happy to get to know you in the meantime! I'm Coley (28) and DH is Matt (32) and we have no children. We've been trying for over two years.

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

November 3rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
samantha! i'm sorry to hear of your TTC troubles. don't worry, we can all empathize with you here. fingers crossed that you get a sticky BFP soon!

p.s. brady sure is a handsome little guy! he has GORGEOUS eyes!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
November 3rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley54 View Post
Welcome! I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. That is so hard. I haven't personally experienced it but I have had a number of friends who have. I hope your stay with us is short but very happy to get to know you in the meantime! I'm Coley (28) and DH is Matt (32) and we have no children. We've been trying for over two years.
Nice to meet you Coley [love your name BTW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccomi View Post
samantha! i'm sorry to hear of your TTC troubles. don't worry, we can all empathize with you here. fingers crossed that you get a sticky BFP soon!

p.s. brady sure is a handsome little guy! he has GORGEOUS eyes!
I'm hoping that having ladies that are going through the same thing will help ease some of my "jealousy" towards pregnant women. Thank you, we get SO many compliments on his eyes. He gets em from his momma, lol. [;

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
welcome to the board, im so sorry to hear about your loss and your troubles ttc,

im emma 26, wife to paul 27, mummy to daniel 2, who took us 6.5 years to concieve and we have been ttc number 2 for 16 months

November 3rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
We are ALL jealous. And there's nothing to understand, when some people that don't deserve children have children and we can't... We're all here for each other, we all go through the same thing and the support here is amazing

Let me introduce myself, I'm Marie, 25 and DH is Nathan, also 25. We've been trying for 2 1/2 years. I was put on Clomid on Monday since my OB/GYN doesn't think I ovulate normally. I'm starting Clomid next cycle

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (august 2013), 1 blastocyst
November 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Super Mommy
Hey and welcome! The ladies here are extremely supportive and are a wealth of knowledge! I am Angie (32) and we have been ttc #1 since August '09. I just started on clomid this past cycle! Keeping my fingers crossed that this is it for us!!
November 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm shalaine (25), DH is Ian (24) We have one daughter who turned 2 in July. We have been TTC since she turned one. Although somewhat causal at times. I hope your BFP comes soon!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
November 3rd, 2010, 05:55 PM
Christina33's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Christina. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with TTC - we all understand here.
I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy; 2 healthy boys followed. When I married my DH, we had our minds set on having a baby together . . . and got pg once, after about 8 months of marriage. It was ectopic and before they could figure out what was wrong, it ruptured. Afterward they told me my left tube had been blocked due to the 2 C-Sections I'd had with my DSs. The doc told me my right tube was Ok and that I shouldn't have any trouble getting pregnant again . . . that was May 2007. Here I am, still waiting for my baby
Hopefully it won't be much longer before your BFP! I wish you Good Luck!

Thank You ~steph2007~ For My Beautiful Spring Siggy!

November 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Welcome. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My DH and I have been ttc #2 for about a year and a half with a loss as well.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 4th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm new here as well. We are also TTC #2. I'm so sorry for your loss and your struggles. By the way, you could also check out the Secondary Infertilty board. I'm on there as well, it's pretty slow but has very nice ladies.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search