Well...

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
wishfulgal
No offense to you lovely ladies, but I had always hoped I would never "qualify" for this board....but here I am

My DH and I have an amazing 21-month old son. It took us about 6 months to conceive him, we were just at the point of getting a little worried about what was taking so long when I got pregnant. He was born in January 2009 and we never prevented after he was born, but I was breastfeeding with no AF until I weaned him in early November 2009. I got AF a few weeks later and we have been hardcore TTC ever since. I was starting to get worried after a few months of TTC b/c I have this weird sciatic pain during the 2WW. My doctor wasn't concerned about that at all but after about 6 months of trying (back in June 09) she said we should get my DH tested. We did it as a formality but were sure everything would be fine on his end. Nope. His counts came back heartbreakingly low.....the better of his 2 SAs had 3.2 million/ml with 36% motility. DH was referred to a urologist and ended up having surgery on a varicocele in his testicle in September, about 7 weeks ago. He will have his first post-op SA on December 20th. I haven't been back to the doctor since we found out about his low sperm count, mostly b/c I can't bear to be told that IVF is our only hope we have for another child (we can't afford to spend that much money on just a CHANCE at pregnancy ). But I think I am going to make an appointment and go in soon. If DH's counts improve enough that he has enough for IUI, we will probably try that a few times. But mostly I really feel like I will never be pregnant again . We are planning to start the adoption process in early 2011. I know I will love an adopted child just as much as my biological son, but I will always be sad to not have the chance to experience pregnancy and childbirth again. Plus, we wanted at least 4-6 children, and we probably won't be able to afford to adopt more than 2 or 3 kids eventually. I never thought the size of my family would be determined by the size of our savings account.

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction. This has been the hardest year of my life, and I need support from people who understand what I am going through. I've pretty much abandoned my son's PR, b/c although the ladies there are great, it's just turned into another DDC with everyone having more babies and I just can't handle feeling so left out. And I definitely don't fit into the regular TTC board with ladies posting their introduction one day and their BFP the next.
November 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Welcome and hugs. We all know exactly what you are going through here and I don't think any of us wanted to be in the TTC+1 Year category so no offense taken. I'm also dealing with Male Factor Infertility and also unexplained infertility with me. Its not fun. We've been TTC #1 for over 2 years. I believe in June of next year it'll be 3 years. Its not fair. I'm Coley (28) and DH is Matt (32). Can't wait to get to know you better.

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

November 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy

im sorry you have to join us here

im emma 26 wife to paul and mummy to danie who have just turned 2, it took us 6.5 year to concieve daniel and we have been ttc number 2 for 16 months

Jack Anthony Richard White

November 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
remember me? i used to be a regular on the TTC board but i ended up moving over here because the turnover of BFPs was so high on TTC and i was still there while everyone else seemed to move on. it started to really get me down. i'm so glad that i've found my place here now (only because i'm with other ladies who know exactly how i feel).

my DH had a varicocele removed a fews years back and his SA is now within the norm so try not to fret too much...

glad to have you here and make yourself at home... start jumping in!

xo
amy

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
November 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Welcome Sorry about your problems conceiving. We're all going through the same thing here.

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
November 4th, 2010, 12:14 PM
wishfulgal
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccomi View Post
remember me? i used to be a regular on the TTC board but i ended up moving over here because the turnover of BFPs was so high on TTC and i was still there while everyone else seemed to move on. it started to really get me down. i'm so glad that i've found my place here now (only because i'm with other ladies who know exactly how i feel).

my DH had a varicocele removed a fews years back and his SA is now within the norm so try not to fret too much...

glad to have you here and make yourself at home... start jumping in!

xo
amy

Yes, I do remember you! I'm sorry you have to be here, but I'm glad you have found a place where you feel at home on here.
November 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome! Just like the other ladies, this is not where I thought I would be either. I am Angie (32) and we have been ttc our first since August '09. The ladies here are very supportive as we are all going through the same thing.
November 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Hey! I totally understand what you're saying about your PR and the other ttc boards. I stepped down from the Fertility Charting board b/c people were coming and going like crazy. My PR is also popping out babies left and right and it's often hard for me to post there.

Anyway...I'm glad you made your way over here (although I'm not happy that you're here)...if that makes sense.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search