Well, add me to your list...

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Regular
Today marks one year since DH came home from an almost yearlong deployment and one year since we've been trying for #2. Thankfully we moved, so I have new (awesome) doctors-had we still lived in North Carolina, they would have only just now started the infertility workups.

The past few months I've had an HSG that showed a blockage and a laporoscopy that confirmed (and showed it's too high up to safely operate without risking my good tube). DH had a SA just to rule out him and found out he had zero motility, went to the urologist, found a vericocele, and had it operated on... today actually marks the day too (strange huh?) that his first crop of dudes could be ready, at the soonest. He had a follow up appointment last week-the doctor was pleased that the vericocele was completely gone, but warned us not to get too frustrated (HA) because he's still seen some take up to a year for counts to be ok. That's fine, but my husband is active duty Marine Corps and we are seriously dodging deployments here, and he's not going to be able to do that forever. I just hope I'm pregnant first.

Our plan of action right now is to hurry up and wait. We are trying every month still (though my cycles are not back to normal still from my scope-I've had two 20 day cycles, no ovulation, the last one was HORRIBLE with tons of clotting and heavy flow) and he'll start getting a SA done every three months starting in January. Once that shows that things are ok on his end, we're to try for a few months on our own, and if that doesn't work, add clomid to the mix-and after a few rounds of that our only options will be IUI or IVF. If he deploys soon, it's straight to IUI, if his counts are back up. For now, we're enjoying time with our daughter who just turned two (took 7 months to get pregnant with her, and we thought that was a long time!) ...just trying to really take time and enjoy what we have right now.

Sorry for the novel, but I'm sure all of you understand-infertility is so darn complicated! Thanks for listening
November 5th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Welcome to our neck of the woods but sorry for the reasons you are here. I'm Coley (28) and DH is Matt (32) and we've been TTC our first for over 2 years. I hope your stay here is short!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

November 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
im sorry you have to join s here

im emma 26, married to paul 27, mummy to dnaiel 2, who took us 6.5 years to concieve and ttc number 2 for 16 months

November 5th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there! I think you've posted on TTC w/ MFI, right? My DH also had a varicocele surgery, his was in September. Good luck, I hope your DH's counts go up . I can relate, it took us 6 months to get pregnant the first time and I thought that was sooo long at the time. If it had only taken that long this time, I'd be due in a few months . Oh well.
I hope your stay is short and sweet.

My Ovulation Chart
November 5th, 2010, 10:57 AM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new too! [: Welcome.

It's wierd to say this but I'm SO glad someone posted about TTC #2 and part of not getting pregnant was on DH's end. My husband and I are also TTC #2 and DH refuses to get a SA because we already have a son and it could "never be" an issue with him [: Men! lol

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
November 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! We also conceived our daughter very easy and are having a terrible time with number 2. Dh hasn't had a SA yet, but will probably get one in the new year if nothing changes. I hope you get your BFP soon and your DH sperm count goes up

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
November 5th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Welcome

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
November 8th, 2010, 02:41 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm amy (31) and DH is francesco (28) and we're TTC our first. DH had surgery for varicocele a few years back and i'm happy to say that his swimmers check out just fine now! hopefully it won't be long and you two will be right on track to having your 2nd!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
November 8th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Regular
Thanks everyone! I'm not "glad" to be here but you know what I mean. I'm glad to have people in my shoes! (not that I'm happy you are having the same hardships, but you know what I mean!)

samantharae, I'd definitely encourage it if you can! My husband didn't have a choice as to if he wanted to get one done or not, my doctor ordered it (we're in the Military healthcare system) and so he had to go. Seriously, we never thought for a second he could have a problem since we have our daughter... and sure enough! Both my doctor and his urologist said Maya had to have been one in a billion, and so could be your son! Haha they are stubborn... good thing he's been really getting emotionally involved in this, having taken so long, so he's willing to do whatever now
November 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

Welcome to the club I hope that you are able to dodge deployments until you are able to get preggo !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search