Low Progesterone?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know google can be a woman TTC's worst enemy but I have been googling trying to figure out what might possibly be wrong & I'm almost positive it's low progesterone. Here is a list of symptoms I found & I bolded all that I have

• Infertility
  • Thyroid dysfunction
  • Depression
  • Irritability and anxiety
  • Fibrocystic breasts
  • Gallbladder disease
  • Low Blood Sugar
  • Panic attacks
  • Water retention
  • Irregular menstrual cycle[My cycles bounce from 28-33 days]
  • Blood clots during menstruation
  • Magnesium deficiency
  • Vaginal dryness
  • Breast tenderness[EVERY month I swear I'm pregnant because my boobs start to hurt so bad]
  • Painful Intercourse[Usually around ovulation it hurts, like my cervix is bruised or something]
  • Headaches linked to menstrual cycle
  • Bladder infection
  • Night sweats
  • Sleeping problems [My problem is I ALWAYS want to sleep!]
  • Weight gain (unexplained) [I haven't changed how I eat but I swear I've gone up a size in the last few months]
  • Memory loss[Johnny will tell me on the phone to grab something from the store WHILE I'M AT THE STORE & I'll forget!]
  • Reduced libido [I swear I wouldn't TOUCH DH if I didn't want another baby so bad]
I am calling my doctor in the morning and making me an appointment. We told him we would wait 6 months after our miscarriage before we came back & the 6 months mark is coming up quickly. Has anyone had this problem?

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in

Last edited by samantharae; November 9th, 2010 at 06:03 PM.
November 10th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
I'm sorry but I'll be no help here. I hope your Dr can point you in the right direction!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

November 10th, 2010, 06:27 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy

November 10th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I made my appointment next Wednesday! Which from what I've read they want to check progesterone around O & Wednesday is CD 15. Fingers crossed they figure it out!

November 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
I've got mine crossed for ya!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

November 17th, 2010, 04:49 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
I also have low progesterone, and never knew there were side effects from it but I do have some of them. Let us know what you find out, I am interested in knowing what your doctor says.

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

November 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
no meds, he said he wont put me on clomid or anything because i am gettin + opks so hes sure im ovulation something just is causing the sperm & egg to meet. SOOO....he wants me to keep up with the OPK's. BDing every other day til I get a positive & have sex every day til it turns negative. If I haven't gotten a + by cd 21 he wants me to come back & get my progesterone checked. He also wants DH to go in and have a sperm analysis done. If my progesterone is fne & DH's sperm is ok he wants me to have a Laparoscopy? He said that my chances of having endometriosis is up due to my uterine anomoly. not to mention sex being so painful during ovulation could be a sign of endometriosis. so next step is DH getting a SA, I'll be calling his doctor either tomorrow or friday.

November 17th, 2010, 05:09 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
It's a start right? My husband also had a SA and the results were normal, I have never shown a + on the OPK and my progesterone levels are practically non-existent along with my LH. Right now I am waiting for AF to come so I can schedule a hysterosalpingogram and if everthing is "normal" then she is starting me on Clomid. I hope everything works out! I will keep you in my thoughts!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

November 17th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEG282 View Post
It's a start right? My husband also had a SA and the results were normal, I have never shown a + on the OPK and my progesterone levels are practically non-existent along with my LH. Right now I am waiting for AF to come so I can schedule a hysterosalpingogram and if everthing is "normal" then she is starting me on Clomid. I hope everything works out! I will keep you in my thoughts!

thanks

i had an HSG done back in Feb-Mar. When I had my c-section with my son they noticed the right side of my uterus was hard & didnt form right when my mom was pregnant with me. So they did the HSG & yup, sure enough, my right tube is totally not functional & my left tube was blocked, they got it cleared. I got pregnant on my 3rd cycle after my HSG (lost the baby at 5 weeks, but it DOES show me it IS possible!) I'll def share my baby dust with you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search