I SHOULD be excited... (preg mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Regular
Buuut I'm terrified.

I got a BFP last Thursday. A huge surprise of one. I was hesitant to post anything about it, because I'm the newbie and I just kind of felt bad for coming in and getting pregnant. We've only told a handful of people-those who will support us and pray for us, and the only people we'd want to know if something happened.

We were thrilled about it but super nervous. It happened only 77 days after DH's vericocele embolization, and just the week before the urologist had warned him that it could take up to a year for his levels to go back to normal (apparently not, at least one was fine, but it only takes one...) and I honestly wasn't thinking anything would happen before I went on Clomid in the spring, as my right tube is completely blocked. Miracles happen!

So fast forward to today-I woke up with spotting. Yucky old stuff, but spotting nonetheless. So I freaked out because this morning sometime I had a miscarriage dream (the second in a week) so I am completely unnerved about it. I skipped my morning walk and just vegged on the couch with water, and my dollar store hCG from this morning looked ok, but I just can't shake the feeling that this one isn't going to stick. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it just my twisted brain being scared after trying this long? My neighbor had nasty spotting like this in her pregnancy, and her doc told her it could be old blood from last period clearing out still. Last month's period WAS really horrible, heavy, and had lots of tissue...

Also-I'm out of tests, but debating on buying more tonight (our commissary sells dollar store tests-woohoo) ...can they be used as a reliable source of keeping track of my levels and knowing if anything is going to happen? I can continue to temp, but getting up at 5am to go to the bathroom is going to make my temps look funny anyways.

Help :/
November 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
It's entirely normal to be scared! When and if I get pregnant, I will be scared too. Our experience with infertility makes it that we are so happy and it finally happened after a long time, we don't want to lose it!

Sticky dust to you!!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
November 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
first of all congrats!!!

dont be sorry for posting here we love hearing about ladies BFPs it gives us hope

sticky dust for you, please KUP

November 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Congrats hun! Thats wonderful. Please don't feel bad for posting. We are excited for you! I personally have no experience with BFP's at all or spotting that will or won't come after a BFP. But I wanted to send my well wishes and all the extra sticky dust I had!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

November 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. McFadden View Post
It's entirely normal to be scared! When and if I get pregnant, I will be scared too. Our experience with infertility makes it that we are so happy and it finally happened after a long time, we don't want to lose it!

Sticky dust to you!!

and big !

KUP!

sending lots of sticky dust!

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
November 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Super Mommy
I just want to say ditto to what all of the ladies have already said. Congrats!!!! We are all very happy for you and you give us hope! Please keep us updated!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398