Clomid first try

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Veteran
I got preggers May 2010 but miscarried....never really had a period since off the pill Dec 09.....but something had to work

After my summer D&C I never got a period…which was no shocker because I never really got one all year to begin with. So early Oct. I had another procedure done and some leftover stuff was found and removed.... and the doc put me on estrogen and progesterone to thicken my lining….then last week when I finished the 30 day regimen I got the "induced" period and today is day 10 of that cycle….

I doubt a real period will ever come so my doc told me to start clomid tonight and we will see what happens.
So I take 5 days of the clomid then he gave me estrogen to take after the 5th day. Then on day 10 of this new regimen I have an appt with him on Dec 9th so he can take a look at my follicles via ultrasound.
I am calling my doc tomorrow because I am confused on what to do….so I thought hearing first hand from someone would be best as well.
November 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
GL hun

November 30th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
I personally don't have any experience with Progesterone or Estrogen...I have taken 4 cycles of Clomid but I O'd on my own usually every month...I was on Clomid to get a 'Super O' for our IUI's. I always took it CD's 3 to 8...I've not heard of someone starting clomid so late but I'm sure your Dr. has a reason. Sorry I can't be more help but wanted to wish you the best of luck!!!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

Last edited by Coley54; November 30th, 2010 at 08:51 AM.
November 30th, 2010, 08:27 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Yea, I've never heard of Clomid being started later than CD5. Even with starting it that late I don't O until I trigger on CD15.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search