First Appointment with RE...Need Advice!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Veteran
I have my first appointment with an RE in a couple weeks. I'm nervous but also a little excited. I'm afraid that he won't be a good RE and won't be as proactive as I want him to be. I was referred to him by my OB and googled him and he has good reviews, so we'll see.

I feel like I have lots of questions, but always seem to think of more questions after I leave appointments. I want to have a list of all of my questions before I go in so I can ask EVERYTHING! I also want to have a list of tests that I want done. I just want to know what is wrong with me and why I can't get pg.

My OB put me on Prometrium for a short LP due to a suspected low progesterone (she didn't do any testing). It is working, but still getting BFNs

My question is, what types of questions did you ask at your first appointment? What kinds of tests did you ask for?

I know I want to ask about O'ing late (around CD 22-24) and my short LP. As for testing, here is what I was thinking:

1. SA for DH - will the RE give DH an order for the testing or will he have to make an appointment with his own doctor? If he comes to the RE appointment with me, will be give him an order for the SA?

2. Thyroid testing for me

3. Day 3 testing - what all do they test for on CD 3 besides FSH?

4. Ultrasound to rule out mild PCOS.

4. HSG

5. CM testing - to rule out a hostile environment to DH's sperm

Anything else that I'm missing?
Me (30) + DH (29) = TTC #1

M/C 5/10/11 at 9w1d

Waiting to TTC again with Clomid/IUI.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/RNtobe
January 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
eccomi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
don't worry, if your RE has good reviews online you needn't worry because he will know of all the tests that you will need to do and in what order. it's very likely that you will need to have an HSG, too...

GL! and KUP!

oops... just noticed you already have an HSG on your list

cycles 1-16: TTC naturally, all BFNs
cycle 17 & 18: not TTC (due to diagnostic tests)
october 14: RE appt with follow-up hysteroscopy + saline sonogram... TUBES ARE CLEAR!
cycle 19, 20 & 21: natural TTC cycles = BFNs
cycle 22: another natural cycle, but preparing for our first IUI with injectables for cycle 23! FINALLY!!!
FEBRUARY 10th... our very first when we least expected it!!!

october 26th... our little miracle arrived via c-section at 12:19pm weighing 3.920 kilos! we are in love.
January 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I brought all of my charts to my first appointment. You chart, so you may want to do that too. It'll give them some background. I'm sure he'll be just fine!! Since fertility is their specialty, I'm sure he'll be proactive. Good luck!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search