Help/Advice...

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hi my boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years, I amd 21 and he is 22. Any advice on how to get pregnant would be help, we have tried opks, putting my legs up with a pillow under my butt, leaving a towel wrapped over me so nothing drips out... Tried to get information from the doctor but all he says is that im young and it shouldnt be hard to get pregnsnt but it obviously is, ive even been taking prenatal vitamins, so any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Trying to stay positive but each month my period is late then it always turns out negative and i just cry... Please any info would be great
January 9th, 2011, 02:15 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
my advice would be to find another dr, do you get a pos opk every month??

January 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
I too would say find another doctor. I was told "you're young" too and it's the worst thing to hear when you're trying to conceive! It took me 2 years before my doctor actually said I should investigate, hallelujah! If you've been trying for 2 years, at your age, and it's not working, I'd be concerned too!

Do you chart? Maybe you should start.

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
January 9th, 2011, 10:39 AM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Emma & Marie. The age you TTC at isn't really the doctors business. If you have been TTC for 2 years, somethings not working the way it's supposed to. I say find a new doctor too. Try charting & using OPK's if you aren't already. Good Luck!

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
January 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Super Mommy
I tried for almost a year and I finally got pregnant using the Instead Soft Cups - I used them maybe three days in a row back in August and had success! They are available at any drugstore in the pad/tampon aisle, because they were originally made as plastic cups to hold your period (just like tampons), but now the manufacturer is applying to sell them as a fertility aid. I decided to try them because they were cheap ($7 for a pack of 14), and I was super regular, while hubby got tested and his results were fine, so we were not sure why it was taking us so long to get pregnant. I figured I may as well try these, as I always felt like the sperm was leaking super easy out of me, so these cups kind of blocked the sperm in for a few hours. Not sure if that's what made the difference, but that's the month that I got pregnant! The next thing is to get your partner tested - insurance may not cover, but it's about $100. Just call a local hospital and inquire about sperm testing.
And I know that you were not asking for this advice, but you guys are so, so young! Hubby and I got married super young too, at 20, but we waited 8 years before trying - we wanted to get to know each other, travel, spend some time alone, build a good circle of friends and support, get stable jobs, save up. We have done all that and now we feel that if this baby takes all of our free time, it will be okay because we have done so much already that now we can devote all of our time and not feel like we are missing out on life. I don't mean to tell you what to do, just recalling my own personal experience that you may or may not take into consideration.
Good luck!
January 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Well the thing is that we know we are ready and honestly it wouldnt make me feel like im missing out even as it is right now we dont even go out and drink or anything we usually stay in and just hang out....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search