TTC Timeline

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is sort of a spin-off of eccomi's "Stages of Acceptance of Infertility" thread. I was just thinking how much my thoughts and emotions have changed since we started TTC.

1-3 Months TTC: We're going to have a baby! This is so exciting! A year from now, you could very well be holding a little bundle of joy in you r arms! Discussions with your DH about baby names and getting a family-friendly vehicle. In stores, your eyes wander toward the baby and/or maternity section, sure that you'll be making purchased from there very soon. You refrain from buying the next season's fashions, b/c you'll probably be sporting a little baby bump by then. You feel a strange twinge/nausea/BBs tingling during the TWW. You think, "Am I pregnant? Of course I am. We're trying!" You test. It's negative. You're surpised. AF shows. You're surprised. Oh, well, you're sure it will happen next month.

3-6 months TTC Hmm. This is taking a little longer than you thought it would. You guess you aren't one of those women who gets to say "He just looks at me and I get pregnant!!" Oh well. You head off to the internet for advice, and find yourself on Just Mommies. Now you see why you aren't pregnant yet. You just need to try _________! (Insert OPKs, BBT charting, preseed, mucinex, grapefruit juice, instead cups, Vitamin B6, BDing every other day, etc. here). Now that you know what you are doing, you're sure you'll be pregnant in no time. 4 friends announce their pregancies. Hmmm... it can't be THAT hard to get pregnant. AF shows. Now you're really sad.

6-12 months TTC: Why isn't this working? You're starting to worry. Off to the doctor. Blood tests, sperm tests, legs up in stirrups tests. Whether you find out if something is wrong or not does really matter. You still aren't pregnant. 6 more friends announce their pregnacies. You really stink at baby-making compared to the rest of the world. AF shows. You're not surprised.

12 months+ TTC: This stinks. You're officially infertile. You can't believe it. You should HAVE a baby by now, and you're still trying. You start to feel jealous of people who get pregnant on their first round of clomid.....they're barely infertile! You wonder if it's ever going to happen. You don't discuss baby names. You can't bear to go through the baby/maternity aisle. You buy the next season' fashions without even considering that you might be pregnant by then. 4 friends have their babies and 3 more announce their pregnancies. You feel a strange twinge/nausea/tingling BBs during your 2WW. You think, "Am I pregnant? Hahaha, of course not. Since when did BDing during my fertile days lead to pregnancy? What a joke." You don't test. AF shows. You aren't surprised, but you still cry.

Anyone have anything to add to the timeline?

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; January 10th, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
January 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
couldnt have wrote it better myself

January 10th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
January 10th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Totally correct! I love fashion and held out on buying so many preseason pieces because I was hoping that I would be sporting a baby bump and not be able to wear them by then. And we kept putting off trips because I did not want to fly during the first trimester. Now after 2 years of trying and a sister-in-law who got pregnant "the very fist time we had sex!" I'm already biniki shopping for our May trip to Puerto Rico.
January 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
*Sigh* It sucks.

I totally hear you on the whole clothes thing. For quite a few months I didn't buy any clothes in case I would get pregnant. Then shopping after AF arrived became my retail therapy every month. I think I thought...well as soon as I buy some tight jeans I'll get pregnant and then they won't fit. Well.....that sure didn't work!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
January 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
It's like you have stalked me for the past 2 yrs and wrote down everthing you saw! Thank You! That was great to see it all together like that, sometimes you forget!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search