What can I do now?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Ladies, I need help... I'm 14 DPO today, temp went down to 97.9 and AF is coming, cramping a whole lot So cycle #2 on Clomid = yet another BIG FAT FAIL!!! *sigh* I can't take this anymore. I just can't. It's worse than when I wasn't taking anything... Last month, the week of AF, I was so depressed. On Christmas, I spent the entire evening on the couch crying. And I see it coming again this cycle... I can't take this anymore, I just can't. I don't have the strength to go on!

I went and bought my third dose of Clomid yesterday, it's the last dose that my OBGYN prescribed. I'm seeing him on Wednesday, and I wanna tell him about how it's affecting me mentally. This is not working... I need something better, something that has a better chance of working. Because I can't go on like this for months. I'm only on the smallest, 50mg dosage of Clomid. Do you think he'll increase the dosage? What good will it do? I O perfectly, I just can't get pregnant! *sigh* At what point do they go ahead with IUIs?

I'm seriously sick... I need help. I'm crying writing this. I need someone to talk to, someone that's going through the same thing. I can't do this anymore. Please!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
January 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

I really don't know what to say to you as I am new to the MA route. I would ask what your options are at the very least.

January 17th, 2011, 03:12 PM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I had a friend that had to get a higher dose of clomid. The lower dose triggered Oing symptoms but not Oing. After they uped her clomid she got pregnant. I know I tell u this all the time but don't give up hope!

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
January 17th, 2011, 03:30 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
I'm sorry to hear this Marie! I wish I knew what to say! Maybe you should share how you are feeling with your Doctor and let him know that it's time to try something different whether it be uping your dose or IUI! Good Luck Marie! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

January 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm probably not a good person to give you advice right now, b/c I also feel like I am at the point where I.CAN'T.TAKE.ONE.MORE.DAY.OF.THIS.TORTURE.

...but I would definitely talk to your doctor and say you are really wanting to try something more aggressive. Have you had all of your testing (bloodwork, HSG, ultrasound, SA for your DH) done? That might give your doctor more insight into your situation. I think some doctors will do IUI after 3 failed clomid cycles, but they all have different approaches.

My Ovulation Chart
January 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I also O on clomid, but after three months of not conceiving the OB sent me to an RE. I'm guessing yours will do the same. Most OBs won't do anything stronger. (At least that's my impression.) My RE did one cycle at 50mg and then upped me to 100mg. With the RE, I also triggered both months.

Have they done a post-coital test? My RE did two (looking for improvement) and then had me do IUI the second cycle.

First IUI failed for me. Right now we're on a financial break though because our insurance won't pay a cent.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 17th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Super Mommy
Awww, Marie, many hugs are being sent your way. I would do as some of the ladies have suggested and talk with the Doctor. Hopefully, they will agree to go with a more aggressive approach!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
January 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I O fine on my own too, but my OB prescribed Clomid (100 mg) and I took it for 4 cycles with no luck. She then referred me to a fertility clinic and now we're going through IUIs with Femara/Ovidrel. I guess they do IUI's at my regular drs office, but I figure the fertility clinic does it wayyy more often, so I figured I had a better shot there. My insurance doesn't pay for it at either place.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
January 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulgal View Post
Have you had all of your testing (bloodwork, HSG, ultrasound, SA for your DH) done?
Bloodwork is done, everything is fine. Guess they checked my hormone levels as well cause everything is ok. SA for DH was normal. I haven't had an ultrasound yet.

Thanks for your support girls. I am SO lucky to have you all in my life right now. I'll ask my OB on Wednesday what else we can do and when (and if) we can do IUI(s). IUI and IVF are free here, thank God. We're pretty lucky in that sense, otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it.

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
January 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
Keep us posted as to what they say on Wednesday. I am very curious as I am close to being in the same boat as you. I am currently waiting on AF to arrive and this was my third round of clomid. Our plan in September was to do three rounds and then if those were not successful to go to timed intercourse. Then, if that wasn't successful we would be referred. I am getting very impatient and would like a more aggressive approach as my DH and I are not getting any younger!

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there!! We are here for you and love you!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
January 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
If you haven't had a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) you might want the doctor to look into that, it's kinda like a sonogram where they check to make sure your fallopian tubes are open so the egg and sperm meet to fertilize. My doctor wouldn't allow me to start clomid without having the HSG, she said there was no point if my fallopian tubes weren't open. It wouldn't hurt to ask!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

January 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Good point Megan, I'll ask him about that! Thank you!

Thank you Angie

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

January 18th, 2011, 03:55 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
sorry im so late answering maire, stupid time difference

im so sorry you are having a hard time, i felt the same when i was on clomid, im her if you ever need to chat

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

January 18th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Thank you

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

January 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Hugs Marie. I'm sorry you are feeling the way that you are. I did 4 rounds of clomid and felt the same more often than not. Feel free to message me (you know me...always on FB chat, lol) any time and I'll be more than happy to chat.

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search