Update

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
So I'm back from my appointment with my OBGYN... He looked at my chart from the cycle that just ended, cycle #2 and the first thing he said was that he doesn't understand how I can have such perfect charts and not conceive... So he went ahead and suggested IUI... I was kind of happy to hear that! Since DH wasn't with me, we have to wait til next month to go back and sign the papers and then start our first cycle with IUI. So this is my third and final natural cycle on Clomid. Next month will be on Clomid again but with IUI... My OB said there was no point in increasing the dosage of my Clomid because it's already working perfectly... He has no idea why we're not conceiving... So this is it!

Next week I have an HSG and I'm really nervous. I'm scared it's going to hurt badly. My OB doubts my tubes are blocked but it's possible, and at least we'll know for sure if that's why we're not able to conceive.

Has anyone had an HSG before? How is it? How do you feel during and after?

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
January 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Super Mommy
YAY, Marie!!! That sounds wonderful!! I have been cramping and spotting today, so I scheduled on appointment for Monday. Hopefully, I will have some good news like you did!!

I did have an HSG and it did hurt! The doctor's office did not tell me to take any pain killers before the procedure. They recommend that you take some before so it is not as painful. I don't think mine would have been as bad if the X-ray person would not have been so SLOW! My doctor got everything ready to go and then we waited for what felt like 10 minutes.....it was probably closer to 3-5 minutes......so that was bad. After I did have cramping and some spotting. Some say you are supposed to be more fertile and have gotten pregnant after having the procedure done! Good Luck!

Thanks for the update!! I am so very happy for you!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
January 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks Yeah I was told to take 2 Advils before.

I'm just concerned about the x-ray... I looked it up and it said they use more radiation than a normal x-ray That scares me a little. Can it do damage?

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
January 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one done almost a year ago. It was painful, I won't lie. The nurse had to remind me to breathe before I passed out. I took tylenol before I went in. As soon as they took the catheter thing out my cramps were gone. They told me to go 3 cycles & see what happens, if nothing to come in and see what my next options were. I got pregnant with our sweetpea on our 3rd cycle.

I'm so glad things seem to be falling into place for yall

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
January 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Weren't you scared though? All the radiation... It scares me...

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

January 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
I'm excited! You have a plan! Yay! One step closer to getting that BFP! IUI's are usually painless. Mine were bad because I have/had cervical stenosis and they couldn't get a catheter into me. Most people don't have that issue though. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I like to think I'm a pro at this point, lol.

As for the HSG...most people say its a little painful...cramping mostly. Like a bad month on your period. Take some ib profen or tylenol before hand. It helps with the pain. Mine was awful but again, was do to my cervical stenosis. They kept trying and trying and trying to push it through and my body just wasn't having it. And again, most don't have that issue. I never actually did get my HSG until I went to have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. So I was knocked out and most definitely didn't feel it.

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

January 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the info Nicole

I'm assuming it won't hurt that much for me, because I probably have nothing wrong down there, according to my OB. But I just wanted to make sure everything was good to go for an IUI. I'm going next Wednesday, it's at 7:30... I don't get why it has to be so early Oh well, I asked my mama to come with me, cause I'm scared I probably won't take advils or tylenols before. Because on my period, they don't help at all. I take Naproxen instead, it's stronger and makes the pain go away. So I will probably take that.

And then a few hours after that, I have an appointment in acupuncture. The nurses said it wouldn't be a problem, I should be able to go.

I'm excited about the IUI, hopefully it works and we can put all of this behind us for a while! I told DH if we had triplets, we would never have to try again LOL!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

January 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
glad you have a plan now hun

January 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Glad you have a plan!!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
January 20th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks girls!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

January 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a great plan .I was really nervous for my HSG but it ended up not being too much worse than a pelvic exam. The worse part for me was when the Dr. had to poke a needle into my cervix to numb it THAT hurt! The rest was no big deal. I have heard some women say it is painful, and others say it's not too bad...hopefully it is not too bad for you.

My Ovulation Chart
January 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am so glad that you have a plan ! Good Luck !

January 20th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Thank you!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

January 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
Sorry I'm late I just noticed your post! Yay! I am sooo happy you have a plan!!!! I'm sure this makes you feel a little better! As for the HSG I had one just over a month ago, it was painful, kinda like the worst periods cramps you've ever had! I took 2 aleve an hour beforehand. It felt like someone was literally sewing something into my cervix. After the speculum thing was removed the cramps immediately went away. You will be fine, if I can get through it I am sure you can! I don't handle pain well, even though the doctor said I did and felt I would be great in labor! (I don't think so, I was quiet just trying to concentrate on the pain) The doctor thinks that my right tube was blocked since it took awhile for the dye to come out but it eventually did and she feels that the dye unblocked whatever was there! I hope it's something that simple for you and you get pregnant right away after. My doctor also told me that the next 2 cycles I would be the most fertile! I never got my period in December and I just got over AF for this month so it was a bust for me but hopefully it works for you! Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

January 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Megan I'm taking Naproxen an hour before my HSG. Advil doesn't work when I'm on my period, it's not strong enough. I'm tempted to take two, just in case it gets really bad. I just can't handle being in pain! I'm really nervous. But my mama is coming with me so that's all I need I'll let you all know when I'm back. I also have an acupuncture appointment a few hours later.

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search