What do you do to pass the time?

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Well, we all know TTC is a hurry up and wait game. You're always waiting on SOMETHING! So what do you girls do to pass time? Hobbies or jobs or rugrats?? haha

For me I'm a Crafty McCrafterson. Thank goodness my friends are at least popping kids out because I'd have piles of baby stuff to stare at and it just woulnd't be good. I love sewing the most. I've sewn dresses, aprons, pillowcases, drapes, blankets among other things for myself. I've also learned how to make nursing covers, boppy covers, burp clothes and recently starting making my own stash of cloth diapers, wipes, pads, and nursing pads. I love the outcome of something I made. I also make a lot of tutus, hairbows and things for friends. Never tried selling them online but I know I have a few people in town who buy my stuff. haha

I also love to read. I'm addicted to my kindle app on my iPhone. Recently I've discovered I'm really into science fiction, but the more futuristic society struggle type....not the aliens and flying cars type. I love fiction, too. I'll read pretty much anything for face value, but I'm very opinionated about my books!

Hubby and I like to go fishing, take our 3 dogs for walks, go to the movies, and watch Hockey (go Kings!). Oh & I'm starting my own blog! Yay!

So what do you guys to to hurry up and wait?? haha
On Cycle #15
Sarah (22) & Indiana (24)
Two Become One on 7/12/09
One Angel Baby Sent to Heaven 10/7/10

Last edited by Cupcakeslovee; March 19th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.
March 19th, 2011, 10:28 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I scrapbook, scrapbook, scrapbook!

I am about to try my hand at gardening, though!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

March 19th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Janessa, I TRY to scrapbook!!! Haha I envy people who have that creative ability because I lack that. I can use Templates or magazines to get ideas, but I've never been one to put a page together myself and have it look nice. Haha. And I'm like 3 years behind now. OOPS!!

I also garden!! Have you started working on yours yet? I started prepping mine this weekend. Last year we moved to someplace that can actually sustain a garden and we only have our tomatoes survive that ridiculous heat last summer. My watermelons grew to about the size of an orange and then shriveled up. The strawberries and peppers didn't grow at all! I guess I lack a green thumb too. Haha. What are you going to plant in your garden??
On Cycle #15
March 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I read and play Everquest II with DH.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 20th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
I play computer games

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
March 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Super Mommy
Work keeps me pretty busy, but in my spare time in the summer I do work on my little mini-garden. Last year was the first year I did anything with a garden. So, I am working on trying to improve it this year. My tomatoes didn't grow worth a flip due to the oppressive heat, but I can grow cucumbers like a mad woman! It's a good thing b/c I love 'em!

I also enjoy reading, but here lately haven't picked up anything. Of course I do love my shopping!! Sometimes it is just window shopping, but I cannot pass up a good bargain! Why pay full price!?!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
March 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
between Brady, working 40 hours a week, cooking & cleaning I have no time for anything! lol i wish!

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
March 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Augie & Mrs. McFadden I'm jealous! My computer's internet is sooo slow it's so hard for me to play games online.

Band Geek, That's funny about your tomatoes! That's the only thing that produced good fruit out of my plants last year. We had the same problem with the excessive heat!

Samantha, I know what you mean about not having time! I can see how that would keep you on your toes. I try to convince myself that one day I will look back and be envious of when I could do things without trying to fit them in between a nap, diaper change, or feeding. Kudos to you for running the ship at full speed!
On Cycle #15
March 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I haven't started yet. It was really sunny last week. We bought the stuff over the weekend and now its gloomy. But the sun should be out in a few days and I will start then! We got a variety of flowers, a variety of peppers, corn and watermelon. I think that's all.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

March 21st, 2011, 05:19 AM
I love cooking..so usually try my hand at new recepies
March 21st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
I read. A lot, lol. Play Facebook games, Walk the dogs, work on obedience with them. I sew blankets sometimes but have had to stop as I can't give them away anymore, lol.

Cupcake, If I ever get pg with a girl, I'd totally buy one of those little tutus from you! I want one so badly for a newborn photoshoot...I don't care how badly they seem to be overdone, lol.

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

March 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i read, clean, play with daniel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search