Switching Drs.

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Veteran
Hi Everyone,

I've been going through this in depth intensively this week. As some of you may already know, I've had quite a bit of frustration dealing with my insurance this week. Me and DH were told on 2 separate occasions by 2 different reps from our insurance prior to starting fertility treatment with this current doctor, that our benefits pick up 70% of all fertility procedures, labs, and u/s done outside of network. We stuck with this current doctor because we liked her and she had great credentials, and we could work with the paying for the 30%.

I had my IUI done Tues, and found out afterwards through the receptionist that our insurance isn't picking up any of the IUI as she's asked me to pay in full for the procedure. So you can imagine how the rest of the day went for me, on the phone trying to sort this out with my insurance. They've asked me to put in an appeal. The bottom line is if I had known, as much as I like my doctor, I would've considered other options and look into other doctors in network. I would've very much likely pass this doc up for another.

I'm currently waiting out the 14 days to do my beta for pregnancy. Originally, I was going to still go into my current doctor for her to do the beta and u/s, and then switch to another doctor for continuation of fertility treatments. I was thinking about this all night last night. I don't even want to go back into my current doctor anymore, not even for labs. I already found a couple of in network doctors that I like, great credentials. I want to take the opportunity during these 14 days to meet the doctors and transfer over my chart. The new doctor can do the beta and u/s, and take over from here.

Right now, every penny counts. If I can save on whatever, I'm saving. I already spent over $1000+ on labs, u/s, and meds for the last 3 months, and this isn't even including the IUI and sperm wash this week. I'm just kicking myself right now and so frustrated. What do you guys think about me switching doctors right now?

Sorry for the long vent!

Last edited by Lilacs80; March 25th, 2011 at 11:20 AM.
March 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
I think it's horrible how "we" have to spend so much money on fertility treatments, just so we can be parents one day. I complain about the cost of my ovulation tests and Clomid, while others have to pay thousands of dollars for treatments without knowing if it'll work, and I don't

Good luck hun!

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
March 25th, 2011, 12:14 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
we dont have the choice in the UK as we dont pay for the medical treatments only IVF, just wanted to offer you some

March 25th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! I just made an appt with a new dr! The appt is a few days after the 14 days. Now, I just have to get my chart and records transferred. I hope this dr is the one!
March 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
It sounds like you have already made up your mind to switch doctors, but I just wanted to say that I would switch. Infertility is costly and you never know what is going to work.

Good luck with the new doctor!

TTC #1 since August 2009

DH=42.......SA's off the charts!!!
Me=33........unexplained
One year on our own=BFNs
Clomid+BDing (4 months)=BFNs
IUI #1 Feb. 2011=BFN
IUI #2 Apr. 2011=BFN
1st RE appt.=May 2011
1st IVF cycle June/July=delayed due to OHSS concern
10 Snowbabies!!!!!!!
1st FET Oct. 2011=BFP!!!!!!
Beta #1=1,398
Beta #2=8,032
Beta #3=14,955
11/10/11=1st u/s
WOW, two babies.........
March 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandGeek View Post
It sounds like you have already made up your mind to switch doctors, but I just wanted to say that I would switch. Infertility is costly and you never know what is going to work.

Good luck with the new doctor!
Thanks! Infertility is definitely expensive especially if I don't know if it's going to work. I was really going back and forth about it last night and this morning. But in the end, my DH told me it's probably best to switch since this Dr has mentioned to us that she'd only put us on 2 cycles of IUI and then IVF. So it really seems as though IVF is around the corner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search