So...I'm late...

Forum: Trying to Conceive 1 Year +

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive 1 Year + LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
I would love to learn how to raise fish. I'm not good at dogs and allergic to cats, fish would be great for me
June 27th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Coley54
Fish are fun Amanda! If you are a newbie to fish, I'd definitely start out with Freshwater fish! They are cheaper so if a few die, you aren't smacking yourself for killing a $30 and up fish!

***A HUGE thanks to marriedc for the awesome siggy!***

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

June 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Veteran
I'm a little late on this....but I wanted to give you a giant hug. When I first read your thread I was so excited, I replied immediately wishing you luck. I was thinking of you today and what came of your test, so I came back to check the tread only to realize that you've already tested and I had wished you good luck a tad late....so sorry! Feeling I'm really going through one of those silly patches.

How are your seahorses doing? I love seahorses! I've always wanted a salt water tank. I'm worried that I might kill all the fishes, lack of experience. What do you do if you go on a trip? Does someone come over to feed the fishes?
June 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No worries! I do that all the time, lol. Happens to the best of us!

As for the seahorses...I have decided to put them off. I can't have another creature in my care that needs someone special to come watch them should I go on vacation...I have enough to deal with where Diesel is concerned. So instead, I'm doing a nano reef tank. It will be a 10 gallon saltwater tank with live rock and coral and a couple fish and then some invertebrates (starfish, crabs, etc.) This will be easier to leave for a couple days...the fish will have whatever is in the tank to pick at or if someone is staying with my dogs while I'm away as opposed to me finding someone to board Diesel (thats a job and a half in itself...) they can just drop in a cube of frozen food and all will be well. Should be interesting. The 5 gallon tank I bought for seahorses came in the other day...I went out and bought a betta. He's the happiest betta I've ever met seeing as they are usually kept in gallon or smaller tanks, lol. He's got 5 entire gallons ALL to himself! His name is Fred.

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

June 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran
I have a friend that has corals too! So beautiful!! I want to have a saltwater tank too. But I'm too intimidated especially after hearing him tell me how to care for it. I think it's difficult! You must post a pic and let me envy!

I bet Fred is super happy!! That's a huge space for a beta!

Oh, and I believe it when you say it's a job to find boarding for Diesel. I've got 2 pups of my own so I know the feeling! Especially when I'm going away for the holidays....so difficult as everyone else is also traveling and the boarding is full since November going into January. Stressful!
June 30th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll definitely post pics when its up and running. I'm waiting on a light kit but its between $80 and $100 and I just don't have it right now. Hopefully by October I can really get started...I've started buying little things as I find them for the moment...I got a shipment of 10 pounds of base rock for the tank last night.

Its definitely hard...and with Diesel...he's 120 pounds and very afraid of people and it comes out as aggression. Not the best way to get him boarded. I usually have to beg my sister to come over and stay the weekend but she's so flakey that I really just don't trust her...

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

June 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Veteran
Awww....I'd totally watch him for you if I was in the area. Is he a boxer? DH loves loves loves Boxers. But we live in a condo so we don't have a huge space and no yard....so we decided on a med sized breed. Maybe when we get a house, we can have a big dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley54 View Post
I'll definitely post pics when its up and running. I'm waiting on a light kit but its between $80 and $100 and I just don't have it right now. Hopefully by October I can really get started...I've started buying little things as I find them for the moment...I got a shipment of 10 pounds of base rock for the tank last night.

Its definitely hard...and with Diesel...he's 120 pounds and very afraid of people and it comes out as aggression. Not the best way to get him boarded. I usually have to beg my sister to come over and stay the weekend but she's so flakey that I really just don't trust her...
June 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Diesel is actually a giant breed...English Mastiff...small for his breed but still large enough to do some damage...My legs are so bruised from getting smacked with his wagging tail.

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

June 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley54 View Post
Diesel is actually a giant breed...English Mastiff...small for his breed but still large enough to do some damage...My legs are so bruised from getting smacked with his wagging tail.
Oh my gosh! Mastiffs are so beautiful!!
July 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He really is quite handsome...wish he wasn't such a jerk though. Totally not what the breed is supposed to be about.

IUI#1 - BFN
IUI#2 - BFN
IUI#3 - BFN
IUI#4 - BFN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search